words- chapter 10! </3 xxx

CHAPTER 10

~x~x~x~x~

As I walk into the extremely messy room that they call the 'living room', I notice several pairs of eyes watching me. One of the boys in the corner winks at me, causing me to blush. He is actually quite cute, freckles are hot! His dirty blonde hair swoops across his forehead, wow. I stare at the ground and thank God for my new hair, luckily it covers the most part of my face! Except from my eyes, I guess they are ok, and they are pretty much the only thing on me that resemble my mum, so they just have to be seen. They're just not quite as gorgeous and definitely not as happy as she seemed to be...

A girl who looks to be about my age, walks over to me. She's quite tall with short messy blonde hair cut just past her jawline. Her make-up is done so perfectly! She brushes her hair out of her eyes and gives me a toothy grin.

"Hey! You must be Amy, my names Grace. I'm in your year at school and I'm gonna be your buddy, I will help show you around and stuff! Wow, I love your hair!"

I return this welcome introduction with an awkward smile. I've never really been one to be friendly particularly. Especially not right now. But hey, why don't I try? She seems nice enough. But usually whenever I build myself up about something, I just get let down. I get dropped. And that's not something I want to risk. I decide to get to know her first, before I make any drastic decisions!

"Um, hi... thankyou! I like your outfit" I half spoke, half mumbled. It's been a while since I've bothered with talking to strangers, nobody really seems to give a toss about me. This is nice.

"Aw, thanks Hun! Anyway, do you want me to show you your room? It's quite nice, the girl who was in there before messed it up a bit, but they cleaned up the worst of it. Maybe I could help you decorate it? Jenny won't mind!" She's smiling again, but it seems like she was looking me up and down. Uh oh. I should have known that this top is way too tight! It's a black tight fitting Green Day tank top. I know what everyone at my old school would probably think of me now. But oh well, I love Green Day, they are awesome. Plus, they have a load of songs that describe what I'm going through right now.

I feel a faint smile threatening at the corners of my mouth. Grace's enthusiasm is almost funny, she just seems so excited! Maybe it's because they don't get new kids here very often. Or possibly, she's just usually like this...

"Come on Amy, we don't have all day!" Grace practically screeches in my face. I grin as she hooks arms with me and bounces upstaairs.

I look at her more carefully, I wasn't really paying that much attention before. She is no longer smiling. In fact, I see a tear threatening to fall from the corner of her eye. There is something very wrong here. I should know.

"Um, what's wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I ask. I'm getting slightly worried now. Grace reaches up to her face and wipes away the remains of her tears with her sleeve. Her eyes are now ringed with black, and she fiddles with her hands for a little while before giving in, and letting the sadness take over. I feel like this all the time inside, but I can't let it show. Not yet.

"I-I'm sorry" she stutters "I just find it really hard to, um cope. Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to..." I feel so bad now. Why the hell is she apologising?! If anything, it should be me. I don't think I deserve this at all. She's done absolutely nothing to be sorry about.

I can't cope with people when they get like this around me. This is my weakness. When people get like this, I have to comfort them. No matter if they're faking or not. I'm pretty sure that Grace isn't though, because those tears cannot be fake! The sobs are getting faster, and there is no time left for me to take my time to decide on my final choice. Before I can even realise what I am doing, my arms are wrapped around Grace's neck, and she is burying her head into my shoulder.

"Seriously, what's wrong? I won't snitch or nothing like that, I promise!" I give her a pretty failed attempt at a smile, yet she still seems to accept it. Good. The last thing I would need would be to be rejected right at this moment in time!

"Uhm, okay, but don't tell, please!" I nod my head in agreement. "Well, you know the guy who was sitting in the corner? Yeah, well that's Adam Er, he bullies me, quite badly. I act like it doesn't really bother me, but trust me it does. And he just doesn't seem bothered, and I try and act all confident but I'm really not and..." her voice trails off and I give her a knowing smile "Why am I telling all of this to you anyway? You probably don't give a flying crap!" I can't help but laugh at her statement, it's an old joke between me and Lauren. A very old joke...

"Grace, trust me I know, and yeah I do care actually. One of the main reasons I switched to your school is because of bullies at my old school, and trust me, it wasn't pretty." I shudder at the thought of that afternoon, walking home by myself...

I pull Grace into a hug once again, and she returns it warmly this time. God I love this girl right now.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the story of how Grace Stevens became my new best friend =)

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Just then, I hear a knock at the door. Grace smiles at me and I stumble over my suitcase that lies on the floor next t me and head over to the door, and open it giggling.

The smile vanishes from my face as I open the door and realise who is standing there It's Adam. Freaking Adam. Whats that expression? Oh yeah, speak of the devil and the devil shall appear. Definitely true in this case. It's all I can do not to slap him, especially after what he says next.

"Hey babe, you left your phone downstairs, uh god why the hell are you with that moody cow? Trust me, you'd be better off with me, if you get what I mean." he winks at me, in an attempt at flirting I think. God, he's hot! Not fair, he's out of bound and a douche bag from what I've heard.

"Hi, don't call me that you perv. And Grace is well nice, nicer than you'll ever be. Thanks for the phone, now get out." he still stands in my doorway, smirking. He looks cute.. Wait WHAT AM I SAYING!!!!? He's an idiot. And I have to stay away from him!

He winks at me again, and it's hard to keep the scowl on my face. Instead of trying, I slam the door in his sorry face. Ouch, I hope it leaves a mark!

"Love you too, sweetheart, same time tomorrow!" he shouts in a sing-song voice as he walks down the hall back to the living room.

No matter how hard I try to stop myself, I think I may just be falling for Adam Michaels.

BUM BUM BUMMMMMM!!!!!

Sorry guys I know I haven't uploaded in a while but if you had read my last authors note you would know that I was on holiday in the half term, so that's why I haven't updated. Since I was skiing there really wasn't any time! Anyway enough of my excuses I'm still sorry :'( xxxx

So yeah me and @henchie were having a discussion today about 1D fan fics, and I got home and I'm considering making one? I think it would be good fun, but I don't really know what I want to do it about yet... Oh well. Maybe something will come to me...

So, I'm not gonna update until I get on this chapter

3 VOTES AND 2 COMMENTS>

just kidding, I will update anyway but ya know it would be nice... xxxxx

Love youuu!!!!!

Georgina xxxxxxx