one

I wake up to the window opening and hear the voice of my mother.

"Get up, I need to go to work." She says.

I groan. "Why do I have to get up?"

"Because, your going to be home alone today." She walks out of my room.

"Fine." I roll my eyes and get out of my bed.

I don't have any other siblings and my dad died when I was little so my mom works until five everyday so I'm home most of the day during summer. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and took out a juice.

"Goodbye, I'm leaving. Have a good day and don't get into trouble. Text me later, see you at 5." She blows me a kiss before running out the front door in her high heels.

I take the remote and crash down on the couch, turn on the TV and put on Teen Mom.

"I'm so hungry and we have nothing." I whine to myself hanging onto the fridge door.

I watch a few episodes before I got bored and went back up to my room. I decided to change and go out. I walked to my closet and ran my finger through my shirts. Most of my clothes are from Brandy Melville so I chose a stripped crop tee and high waisted acid wash jeans and my white Converse.

I then called my friend Olivia or Liv for short to see if she could hang out.

"Hey." She answered.

"Hellooo. What are you doing today?" I ask, while walking to my bathroom.

"I'm actually just home today. I was going to call but I thought you'd be sleeping." She laughs.

"I would be, honestly. My mom woke me up when she went to work so, I'm up!" I say.

"Alright well I'll meet you at your house in a few. See you soon." She replies.

"Okay sounds good, bye." I end the call and put my straight hair into a hair tie.

I quickly apply concealer under my eyes, powder, I filled in my eyebrows and topped everything off with many coats of mascara. My usual makeup routine.

I wandered back into my bedroom and laid down waiting for Eva.

ding dong

I get up, and drag myself downstairs. When I reached the door I opened it to see Liv.

"Hey, are you ready?" She asked.

"Yeah, what do you wanna do?" I asked as I locked my house door and slipped on my sunglasses.

"Honestly I just thought we could go to the mall." She giggles.

"Of course you did. Im driving!" I yell.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes and we get into my blue Ford Focus.

"But seriously I don't want to go to the mall." I reverse out of my driveway.

"Why?" She asks applying lipgloss.

"Because, little 13 year old boys try to get my number." I say.

"Okay, have it your way. Where do you want to go, Maya?" She asks aggravated.

"I really don't care. Just not the mall." I laugh.

"Alright then, Target?" She smiles.

"Okay. I'm good with that." I nod in approval.

When we get to Target we park and walk in. I take a basket and walk toward the bathing suits since its summer already. I picked out an all black triangle one, a pacific blue bandeau style, and a bright orange halter.