Chapter 8- Christmas Came in September

Forget December
It won't be better
Than I remember it before
And this month only
Will be so lonely
But not so Holy anymore
- Forget December, Something Corporate

•  -  -  •

𝙹𝙰𝙼𝙴𝚂 Pevensie, by definition, was a worrier. He always had been because there were always so many things to be worried about. As the eldest of five brothers and sisters, and with every one of them including himself being prone to trouble, it made his life very difficult. It was their curious and stubborn nature which did it. However, James' worrying caused cautiousness. It was his cautiousness which reserved him from the rest.

This was a time where James Pevensie wished he was bolder. This was a time where he'd wished he'd made his brother tell him what was going on.

When they'd realised what had happened, the remaining Pevensie siblings grabbed their coats and ran out of the Beavers dam. James didn't wait for his other siblings, but began to sprinted to see if he could find Edmund. He had to. His brother was his responsibility.

What would he tell him Mum?

Briefly, the blonde boy looked behind him to see his brother, sisters, and Mr Beaver, close to him. Peter was telling his siblings to hurry as they caught up to James on the top of a snowy hill. It was there they saw it.

An ice palace. It was like something out of a fairytale, and it was beautiful, but the beauty was held within something bordering on malevolent. Why did Edmund have to be so difficult? James had worked out that it was whoever lived there that his brother had seen in the visit he made alone. Whoever it was had offered something to him, something important.

They had to get him back.

"Edmund!" Lucy screamed towards the castle, cutting through the silence.

"Shh." Mr Beaver responded. "They'll hear you!"

Peter made a break for it in the silence, but James just stuck his hand out and grabbed onto his brother. However strong Peter was, James was always stronger. "No." He hissed.

"Get off me!" The brother relayed.

"You're playing right into her hands." Mr Beaver told the boy.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan cried.

"He's our brother!" Lucy added.

"Why aren't you helping us, James?" The other blonde asked.

"He's..." the eldest sibling tried to collect his thoughts. "He's the bait."

Mr Beaver said. "The Witch wants all five of you!"

That's who Edmund was going to see, then. The Witch.

"Why?" Peter asked.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true." The animal paused. "To kill you!"

"No one is killing my brother!" James hissed to the beaver. "So we better come up with some sort of plan to save him because I'm not leaving Narnia until he's here with us."

"This is all your fault!" Broke Susan, directing it at Peter.

"My fault?" He stumbled.

"None of this would've happened if you had listened to me in the first place!"

"Oh, so you knew this would happen?"