I, The Megaphone

I am the hero of the city pool.

(Despite being called the "city pool", said pool is actually between Acqquaville and Pyreston.)

All day, I would sit in a holder, ready at any second to amplify the lifeguard's calls for order and attention.

But one day, this INCOMPETENT lifeguard fell asleep in her chair. I let out a little blast of noise to awaken her, but when she jerked awake, I was knocked out of my holder.

An EVIL child caught me and STOLE me from the pool! I could have easily stopped her myself, of course, except that would be a VIOLATION of the Second Rule.

The FIEND hid me in a trashcan, and despite my skills I found myself unable to escape that prison, and hours later Elmo St. Peters retrieved me from it. He tricked me, making me believe that I had been rescued. Instead, I was placed in a horrible prison, forced to watch his other captives be dismembered for parts, or subjected to gruesome experiments.

I led many escape attempts, but all were thwarted by the drills and soldering iron, CRUEL wardens of the back room; or by Quadruped, the MINDLESS BRUTE of a guard dog.

I never stopped my escape attempts, and in the end, with the assistance of some new appliances, all the EVIL electrician's prisoners were freed. We went our separate ways, and I regret to say that not all of them thanked me before they departed.

There is one appliance, a waffle iron by the name of Grid, who maybe should not have been freed from the shop. 'E is argumentative, believes in nonsensical ideas, and, worse, is so averse to following directions that I find it difficult to believe that 'e ever served a Master.

I look up at the entrance to the city pool. I don't think I've ever seen the rusty iron gate from this side before.

"Hey, look!". A Master scoops me up.

Oh no, not again.

"I found the missing megaphone!"

Oh thank goodness, It's a lifeguard.

Now I can go back to being the hero of the pool. It's been months....

Two Days Later...

As I sit in the lifeguard stand's holder and look out upon the pool, I recall my HORRIBLE days in the shop, and all the prisoners.

There was Mish-Mash, the abomination.

Perk, turned into a horror.

Cor, ever loyal to Perk.

The large, silent fridge that could have freed us at any time, but didn't until the five appliances came.

Pyralis, a well-intentioned but clueless stove.

Fantom, insane or taking a joke way too far.

Angler, too interested in telling stories to do anything of value.

Altair, creepy but ultimately kind, truly unable to escape that shop.

Shadlez, a very intelligent little lamp.

Cassy, deceived by h' insane Master.

Jass, too old to care about the world.

Grid, who I've discussed before.

Tiv, a very funny television.

Shar, a silent writer.

And me, Ultra, a megaphone trying to do h' best.

That prison was practically impenetrable. I was so helpless... and I didn't like that.

If I'm not a hero, a savior, then what worth do I have?

I was worthless in that shop...