happy birthday y/n

hermione and pansy ran ahead to open the huge doors of the great hall whilst ginny covered your eyes but not exactly on your eyes to ensure your makeup didn't get ruined and guided you inside. once you stepped foot into the room you heard a loud,
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!" screamed everyone from the top of their lungs. ginny uncovered your eyes and let you look around. it was all so much to take in there were five banners all around the room:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N RIDDLE - the banner in the centre where dumbledore used to stand to make announcements.
SEVENTEEN TODAY - the banner closest to the slytherin table said.
ALIVE FOR SEVENTEEN YEARS - the one above the hufflepuff table said.
Y/N RIDDLE'S DAY - the one above the ravenclaw table said.
WE'VE DEALT WITH YOU FOR SEVEN YEARS - the one near the gryffindor table said, you laughed at that one.
suddenly a loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N" can be heard and everyone jumps out from their hiding places and magically created confetti that shot out from all around the room, making you jump excitedly each time. draco walked up to you and the whole room went silent.
"hello?" you say confused, one second the room was echoing with shouting and laughter and now no one was laughing, shouting or even quietly whispering, everyone was deadly silent waiting to see what would happen next, of course they knew what was going to happen, hence the grind and smirks on their faces.
"y/n..." draco said slowly his eyes going this way and that as he said it.
"yeahh?" you replied.
"will...you..go out...with....me?"
"what?"
"i said, will you go out with me?!" he repeated.
"..."
the whole school stood and watched silently and wide-eyed. until, pansy screamed
"SAY YES YOU IDIOT!"
draco immediately spun his head round and glared at pansy.
"fuck off." malfoy said.
"..yeees?" you say to break the awkward silence.
draco spun his head back round and his eye widened slightly.
"YEAH GO ON Y/N!" pansy screamed at the top of her lungs causing everyone to burst out laughing.
"shut up" draco rolled his eyes and then smiled kindly to you, he quietly whispered "i've liked you since first year, you know?"
"i know" you said, "you asked me out almost every year."
draco smiled and leant in for a kiss. this was the best birthday ever
"i really like you y/n," he said between the kiss.
"me...too" you said.
the whole hall turned into "YAYYY" "ABOUT TIME!" "TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!"
pansy went the extra mile and screamed "-ship name for you and draco-" and the rest of the school started to chant it aswell.