second year

the train to hogwarts starts to move as you look around for luna. you're unable to find luna but you do find draco, you being you went in and sat next to him.
"hi!" you say cheerfully.
"uhm, hey?" draco says, you reply being as nice as you could manage,
"is it alright if i sit here, i can't find luna anywhere!"
"sure, it's whatever" he says looking out the window. you wonder why he's being so distant with you but then you remember, you rejected him last year. this train ride was gonna be very awkward. half an hour later draco says to crabbe and goyle,
"crabbe, goyle, let me talk to riddle for a second, get out!" crabbe and goyle look at each other confused, walk out and then shut the door behind them before finding two new seats somewhere on the train. you look at draco confused as soon as they had closed the door.
"what are you doing?" you ask
"remember how you said no to going out with me last year?" he starts.
"yeah? what about it? i didn't want a relationship" you explain.
"k well, whatever anyways it's been awkward between us and i don't want it to be anymore. so could we just forget it and never speak of it again?!" he sighs.
"well i kinda already forgot that it even happened until about 28 minutes ago." you reply, smiling.
"just don't repeat it to anyone! ok? i mean anyone!" he replies,
"ok i won't tell anyone," you promise.
"good, now tell crabbe and goyle to get back in here!" you turn your head and get up but before you walk out draco quickly says,
"thanks, y/n..."
"no problem" you say slowly starting to smile as you walk out and find the cart crabbe and goyle went into.
"guys, draco said to come back now!" they say nothing back, get up and walk past you back to the cart draco's in. 1 hour later you finally arrive at hogwarts and see hermione.
"HERMIONE, HEYY!" you yell running up to her, dragging your stuff behind you.
"oh y/n! hello! have you seen ron and harry?" she says,
"i don't know, i was about to ask you the same thing, normally they're with you!" you say as loud as you could but without yelling.
"probably still on the train, but then again i didn't see them whilst i was walking around either. perhaps they're not coming back this year?" she says just as confused as you are.
"hmm maybe, i heard that ron drove his mother and father's flying car to hogwarts with harry!"
"really? oh those two boys, always up to trouble! honestly!" she says slightly giggling. 2 hours later all the new first years have been sorted, this is when you met someone new. ginny weasley, sister to ron, fred, george and percy weasley. she seemed quite lonely so you went up to her and asked her how hogwarts been so far.
"it's been ok," she said, "are you a second year?"
"yeah, you're ron's sister right?" you say, trying to keep the conversation going.
"yep! three people have asked me that already! three times for each sibling," she sighs.
"oh, i could never imagine having siblings" you say truthfully whilst smiling.
"yeah kinda gets annoying sometimes, especially if you're the youngest one! they treat me like a little baby!" she says, you could tell she was a bit annoyed.
"that must really suck," you say.
"it really does to be honest but what can i do? it's not as if i can make time go backwards and be the oldest child!" ginny says laughing.
"yeah but you never know! maybe you could invent a time travelling machine and go back in time!" you say jokingly! a week passes by ron and harry have finally come back. you were right, they came in a flying car instead of the hogwarts train!
y/n's diary:
dear diary,
you'll never guess what's happened at hogwarts today! ron and harry finally decided to show themselves, IN A FLYING CAR! they got in biggg trouble! the car CRASHED into a tree! can you believe it?! ron even got a howler from mrs weasley he got in sooo much trouble it was hilarious! the howler went:
RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOU'RE FATHERS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! oh and ginny dear, congratulations on making gryffindor, you're father and I are so proud.
IT WAS SO FUNNY! RON'S FACE WAS PRICELESS HE LOOKED SO SCARED!
back to reality!
as soon as the second week has started you had made a few new friends already! ginny weasley, oliver wood and cedric diggory! you didn't really talk to oliver much because he was crazy about quidditch and was always at practice but you didn't really mind, you preferred taking walks with luna and studying with hermione instead, sometimes even exploring hogwarts with harry. you're favourite moments were with draco though. you loved how happy he made you, even though him and hermione weren't very good friends you couldn't help but want to still hang out with him, he was really funny and smart too, not as smart as hermione though. you found the classes quiet simple and straight forward but when you got stuck you would turn to draco if hermione didn't have time. he helped you understand better and there was one or two times he even actually did all your homework for you! he was very nice once you got to know him even if he doesn't come off as nice at first. 5 months later draco and you were late for charms so you both agreed on skipping it since you were already almost 25 minutes late anyway. you and draco walked outside and sat down on the soft, green grass.
"y/n.." he said,
"yes?" you say back
"well uh- i know you said no last year but..."
"what do you mean? what did i say no to? i can't remember" you reply confused.
"i'll explain in a second but um well- uhh maybe it's- may- um..maybe it's not- not the righ- not the right time?"
"come on draco, you can tell me!"
"no no it's fine let's just go back inside" he says
"come onnn! i won't make fun of you!" you plead
"ok..fine! will you go- um, will you go out with me?! there! i said it!"
"draco! you know i'm not looking for a relationship still! we're only 12 after all!"
"i know i know but..."
"don't be ridiculous, if the time is right it will happen!"
"but...why not?"
"because, i just don't want to yet! i'm only 12," you say trying to be kind.
"ok i know we're only 12 but what about when we're 13?!"
"that's a year away! besides, you might not even like me anymore!"
"....ok true, fine"
"let's go back inside now, it's kinda cold, don't you think?"
"yeah, cold..."
"don't be upset malfoy, wait till it's the right time and you're sure it's the right person, we have ages to find them yet! you don't have to rush things"
draco said nothing but just looked at the ground and carried on walking.