starting hogwarts

first year of hogwarts, i wonder what it will be like?! hopefully i'll make some friends on the train.
"y/n hurry up you'll be late!" your mother shouts, from the bottom of the staircase.
"coming! i just need to get my train ticket!" you look around and spot your hogwarts train ticket and grab it then put it in your pocket whilst running down the steps.
quick, quick, quick! i'm gonna be late! you say to yourself.
"Y/N! 10 minutes we have to go!" yells your mother impatiently
"i'm coming! let me just put my shoes on and we can go!"
you run to the kitchen to grab an apple and see your father smile at you as you smile back.
"goodluck sweetheart" he says kindly before taking a sip of his coffee
"thanks father, i'll send you letters!" you say, running out the door "BYE!"
"goodbye!" he shouts back before getting up to grab another piece of toast.
your mother shuts the door and locks it, she opens the flying car's door and you jump in. 2 minutes go by. you guys get to the train station and look for the 9/34 sign, you wonder how you're supposed to get in. your mother takes your hand.
"ready, y/n?" says your mother reassuringly.
"ready mother, but how are we going to get on the train?"
"like this," she stands behind you and pushes your trolley forward towards the wall and you guys go straight through it. as soon as you go through, you instantly wonder how. 7 minutes pass you get into the train and look at all the other children, just as confused as you are. 5 minutes later the train starts you find a seat next to a boy called draco malfoy.
"can i sit here?" you ask politely
"uhh why?" he says
"i can't find anywhere else to sit" you say a bit worried all the children at hogwarts might act the way this boy did.
"whatever, go ahead but don't sit next to me, go sit next to crabbe" he says quite ignorantly
"oh ok that's fine" you take a seat next to the boy that you found out his name is crabbe.
"umm hi! what's your name?" he says as polite as he can.
"y/n, y/n riddle, and you?"
"oh, you can call me crabbe" he looks at draco and goyle sat on the other side.
"oh right! ummm i'm goyle"
"malfoy, draco malfoy, don't forget it," he says.
"i'll make sure to forget it then," you reply.
"well then you can get out of here," draco says back rudely.
"no i think i'd rather stay, thanks," you reply.
"don't talk to me then, crabbe, goyle, talk to the girl- hold on! y/n- y/n riddle did you say? are you- he who must not be named's daughter?"
"me? no of course not!" that's when i found about tom riddle, aka lord voldemort. one of the most feared wizards in the whole of the wizarding world! 1 hour and 30 minutes go by on the train.
"finally, we're here!" exclaims draco standing up and stretching.
"wow, hogwarts looks giant!" you stare at the castle-like school and can't help but feel excited to start learning there. you take out your things and hagrid takes everyone on boats to the mesmerising school.
"come on kids, hurry up now get in a boat and don't forget anything on the train!" hagrid yells loud enough for everyone to hear. you grab your things and get in a boat with these 3 people, luna lovegood, hermione granger and draco malfoy. the boat ride takes 2 minutes you talk with luna and hermione for a bit, completely ignoring draco the whole time, which you could tell irritated him a lot. all the first years go straight to the great hall and the years above went in after. you stand next to a boy called harry potter and his friend ron weasley. your turn comes to get sorted, you walk up to the sorting hat and it takes a bit of time for the hat to finally decide, but at last it shouts,
"GRYFFINDOR!" you smile and are happy you aren't in slytherin, the same as draco. you happily walk over to the gryffindor table where everybody greets you and introduces themselves.
phew! i thought everyone would have a horrible attitude like that draco malfoy boy! you say to yourself. 2 weeks go by and you have settled in quite well, you decide to go outside for a bit and you see draco malfoy coming towards you with his friends.
"y/n! wait there! i need to talk to you" he shouts, which makes you walk away and walk faster.
"Y/N! hold on!" he yells again, trying to get you to slow down.
"leave me alone, malfoy" you say to him.
"i only wanna talk, what? are you afraid of me?!" him and his friends laugh at you as you ignore them and walk faster.
draco's pov: i only wanted to ask her what classes she has next, but that's ok i guess? maybe she doesn't like me? but- who doesn't like me? i'm the draco malfoy! whatever, but to be honest, she looks quite pretty...
a month passes by you've made lots of friends, but sometimes you wonder what draco actually wanted to say to you over 2 weeks ago. 3 more months pass you and draco still barely talk to each other and you have both made lots of friends. 6 months pass draco and you started to talk to each other at last. 7 months pass you and draco have become good friends but what you don't know is draco actually started to develop feelings for you...9 months pass by you're still clueless about draco's crush on you and he's tried to hint it at you but you're not great at taking hints so you don't realise. 10 months pass draco finally makes his crush on you more obvious and gets the courage to go up to you after school in the library and ask the question...
"y/n...will y- will- uh, will you go o- go out with m- will you go out with me?"
"oh uhh, draco you're a great friend but i really can't, we can still be friends if you like though!" you say, feeling kind of bad for him.
"oh um ok, that's fine. don't worry about it.." he says, slowly smiling and walking out the library with his head down, you could tell he was upset but soon forgot about it and carried on with your evening.