Episode 17: Danger and Thunder, Part 1

Things had been difficult in Swellview for Captain Man and Kid Danger. A sudden crime wave had meant that they were being called out to emergencies every five minutes; there was no time to rest or relax, just call after call after call. They had tried to keep on top of it, but something was making the criminals in town go crazy and so, Swellview's greatest fighters were unbelievably busy. Even (y/n) had pitched in and Ray was grateful. Not only did it give her a chance to get some experience under her belt, but it also gave them some time together and currently, that was few and far between.

It also didn't help that good old Dr Minyak and his assistant Nurse Cohort had regained their memories and busted out of jail. It was just another problem on the pile and it put Ray on edge even more.

"Hey, if you were Dr Minyak and you had just broke out of prison, where would you hide?" He asked Henry and (y/n), who were sprawled out of the couch as he sat at the computer. Both of them were trying to rest up with a drink before another emergency came in, but the worry of one of their nemeses on the loose made it tricky.

"I don't know. Omar's Pizza?" Henry prompted, thinking about the greasy snack. He could go for one at the moment; fighting crime was a hungry business.

"Why Omar's Pizza?" (y/n) asked in confusion as she took a sip of her tea. She'd never had to work this hard as a superhero, but with so much work piling up, she needed to respond to the calls Captain Man couldn't make. Her newfound fame on Swellview's news channels wasn't amazing, but she was certain that if she could keep a low profile, the cameras wouldn't care about Miss Danger for long.

"'Cause they have good pizza," Henry replied in a monotone voice. He didn't have the energy to sound any different, he just wanted the pick-me-up of the sugar in his blueberry soda. Not only was he shattered from fighting all the time, but his personal life had also taken a blow too.

"You wanna order one?" Ray asked, hoping he could stimulate a smile onto his sidekick's face. He had no idea why he was being so sluggish and melancholy and he didn't like it. Not one bit.

"Nah, I'm too depressed to eat." The boy replied, pouting as he rested his head against the couch.

"Aw, Hen, it's not that bad." (y/n) comforted him by putting a hand on his outstretched knee, but it didn't help much. It was like this sadness would never end. Thankfully for the couple, the elevator dinged and out came Charlotte and Schwoz. Maybe they'd be able to brighten things up in the hideout.

"Come on. Look at my eyes and my chin." Schwoz moaned at Charlotte, bringing zero cheer into the room, just a silly argument.

"Oh, give it up, Schwoz. You do not look like Uncle Jesse from Full House." The teen girl countered and the two broke up as Schwoz stomped away. He thought he looked like him, even though he couldn't be further away from the character.

"Charlotte, (y/n), come here," Ray asked the girls and Charlotte stood in front of him as (y/n) slowly got off the couch. Did she have to stand up? She just wanted to sit, sitting was nice and required no effort.

"What's Henry so bummed out about?" Ray asked them once they were together. He leaned in so the boy wouldn't hear them and (y/n) resisted the temptation to sit on his knee. She'd learnt that lesson weeks ago, she wasn't anyone special, just the girl he employed to keep his superhero activities running smoothly.

"I can't tell you. He's worried you'll laugh at him." Charlotte sighed, glancing at her friend as he moped on the couch.

"I'll never laugh at Henry's pain. Come on, what's going on?" Ray pleaded with big, round eyes. He hated not being in the know, especially when his girl and assistant knew the details.