Episode 5: Captain Man Goes on Vacation

~Junk-N-Stuff~

Ah, geez. It was a stressful time right now for the Man Cave's resident lovebirds for several reasons.

Firstly, Ray was supposed to be going on a trip for his cousin's wedding and that meant he'd be away for a few days, which, in turn, meant that Henry and Charlotte had to be on hand to help (y/n) through a few days of pining and misery. She knew it was a family event that he couldn't miss and she wouldn't dream of keeping him away from what little family he had left, but that didn't mean she wouldn't miss him. Even the thought of him leaving was enough for her heart to ache and her energy to be sapped.

Ray felt a similar way about the situation. He knew he had to go to his cousin's wedding. He couldn't fail to show up after he RSVP'd, it would be unbelievably rude and he wanted to stay in his family's good books. But it didn't feel right to go to the event alone, he felt in his heart that he was leaving behind the one person who truly felt like family to him.

In his mind, he should walk into that reception room with (y/n) on his arm, so he could send his gossiping aunts into whispers. He could perhaps introduce her to his father, even though they hadn't spoken in years. With all his heartache in mind, he was doing everything in his power to stall himself. If he missed the plane, he wouldn't have to leave her, right?

Well, technically no, but his slowness irritated his teen assistants and stressed out his helper. How could he be so nonchalant about his lateness? (y/n) was nervously pacing up and down the Man Cave's floor, thinking about the disaster that would unfold if he couldn't attend the wedding. Her jumpy personality meant that she took pride in being organised and was nearly always on time for things, a trait that she tried to rub off on her friends.

"Where is he?" (y/n) asked the kids, looking up to the sprocket where Ray was meant to be. He should've left like ten minutes ago.

"Ray, come on, you're gonna miss your plane!" Henry yelled to the man, who was currently struggling down the sprocket corridor with his king-sized mattress in his grasp.

"I'm coming!" He yelled back, shuffling through the sprocket and tripping over the mattress as he tried to move it.

"What is he...?" Charlotte looked at her friends in confusion as (y/n) and Henry groaned. They didn't have time for this.

"Ray, what are you doing with that mattress?" Henry asked his boss, who had lifted the thing over his head so he could walk down the steps. (y/n) was nervously biting her lip and checking the time on her phone; at this rate, she'd have to kick him out of the door.

"Taking it on my trip." Ray answered struggling to stop himself from falling over.

"Oh, sweet cheese, you can't take a mattress on a plane, doofus." (y/n) facepalmed, not believing how stupid he was being. It was like he didn't want to leave.

"Yeah, you're right." He sighed, knowing his girl knew best. He slammed the mattress down on the floor in frustration, making the woman walk over to him.

"What's wrong?" She asked, straightening out his jacket and hair. Her soft touch only made his heart hurt more, he couldn't bear the thought of three days without her.

"Maybe I shouldn't go." He said quickly, dashing over to the supercomputer so she wouldn't see his yearning eyes.

"See, I knew it!" Henry exclaimed, having had a sneaking suspicion all along that his boss was terrified of leaving (y/n) alone for a few days. He couldn't be there to protect her, to provide for her. What if some criminal came along and kidnapped her? Or worse, what if some cute guy came along and stole her heart? The notion of him coming back and finding her in love with another made him feel sick. It would be best if he stayed.