Episode 1: The Beat Goes On

~The Man Cave~

The elevator dinged and Schwoz stepped out, looking for his friends and carrying a sack full of mail.

"Hey, here's another sack." He said to Charlotte and (y/n), who looked at the bag with wide eyes. Captain Man had been receiving endless amounts of fan letters and gifts recently and the Man Cave was starting to fill up.

"No way, more fan mail?" Charlotte gasped, having already gone through about a hundred letters that morning.

"I get that Captain Man and Kid Danger are popular, but can't they just send an email or something? They keep sending us junk!" The young woman stated, pushing away one of the meaningful, but useless gifts someone had sent them. At least Ray gave her all the female stuff he was sent, like perfume and jewellery. Speaking of Ray, the man came down from the sprocket, wearing one of his signature brightly patterned shirts.

"Schwoz, I found another one of your diseased eggs in my tanning bed." Ray scolded the genius, holding up a pale pink, oddly-shaped egg. Schwoz loved to create mutants and monster creatures, but he always put them around the Man Cave to incubate and it freaked everyone out.

"It's not diseased...yet." The small man said carefully, as Ray studied and sniffed the egg.

"I know you're indestructible, but those tanning beds are lethal." (y/n) mentioned from behind her pile of mail. She hated that he used them, knowing that they were unbelievably bad for your skin.

"But how else am I supposed to get this sweet tan?" He winked at his friend, showing off his fake sun-kissed skin. In recent months, they had grown more and more attracted to each other and at this point, their romantic tension was bubbling over.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Charlotte asked. She had never encountered any mutant eggs in the Man Cave and now she was worried that they were lurking around.

"Schwoz gets his jollies by blasting eggs with all kinds of weird radiation so he can see what happens when they hatch," Ray explained, giving Schwoz a knowing look.

"And yet you're still holding that egg." (y/n) smiled at him, making the large man hold the egg away from his body.

"It's fun to create mutants." Schwoz protested, even though his claims didn't carry much water.

"Yeah, must've been real fun for your mom, oooh!" Ray joked, sending his best friend into peels of laughter as Schwoz scowled.

"Hey!" He snapped as Charlotte held in her giggles unlike the woman next to her. Ray threw the egg back to Schwoz, the sound it made as he caught it hinting that it was mysteriously dense.

"I want that egg off this property." He told him, making (y/n) gulp as he took control of the situation. Boss Ray was hot Ray. Whilst Schwoz stroked his weird egg, Henry came from behind the secret door with a can of whipped cream in his hand. Weird.

"Hey guys, someone left this can of whipped cream in the weapons room." He said, making (y/n) and Schwoz titter as he carried it so casually. That was no can of whipped cream, that was a deadly weapon.

"No, no, no, be careful with that!!" The young woman cried as Schwoz dashed over to take it from the boy's hands.

"Why?" Henry looked puzzled. It looked like a perfectly normal, safe can of squirty goodness to him.

"Show him, Schwoz." (y/n) instructed, but she didn't expect him to test it on her best friend.

"Hey, Ray..." Schwoz smiled at his boss, who looked at him happily, not anticipating what was coming.