Campfire

It was the day after and we started up a blazing fire with its orange and purple flames glimmering around I sat across from el and Lucas while mike and Dustin sat in the middle I grabbed the big fluffy bag of marshmallows and some sticks we found plopping one on I put it in the fire readying it "what about me!" Mike says pretending to be annoyed "sorry frogface" I say jokingly he rolls his eyes and my eyes meet with the brunette he beautiful brown eyes she's so pretty... wait why am I thinking like this its creepy Max. Will starts taking to me about school and I'm sure an hours past and we told scary stories "one time there was a girl named Lucinda and every year she came here looking for children... she'll eat you." Lucas says and my stomach feels unsettling. Soon after everyone started going to their tents and it was left with just me and El "so you having fun?" She finally says "yeah I am actually" I smile "better be careful or Lucinda might come after us" I joke we talk about life in general and about how we are but I begin thinking about her and a weird sensation in my stomach won't go away a heat. "Hey can I ask you something?" She looks confused "yeah of course" "do you ever feel like a weird feeling in your stomach when you think about someone almost like-" "butterflies" she cuts me off I giggle "yeah only when I think about this one person though" she admits "oh really who?" I smirk hoping it would be me for some weird reason. "Okay don't tell anyone but Mike." I feel my face go cold and those "butterflies" are gone now. "Maxie what's wrong?" She frowns "nothing uh I should go to bed" I look down not meeting her eyes but I could feel her looking at me "wait are you sure?" "Mhm I'm fine night El" I begin walking away but I couldn't sleep why was I so upset over this? It didn't make sense she's my best friend I should be happy for her. I think about this more and more  and there's only one person I feel like I could talk to about this and  I fall asleep.