chapter seven .·:*¨༺ enough for you

"
stupid, emotional,
obsessive
little me.
"

[y/n's pov]

We had finally arrived at town and Miles had parked the car near a small beach.

I didn't have a specific idea of what I wanted to do or see so, for a good 10 minutes, we were just wondering up and down the sidewalks while I stared at the shop signs.

Miles was getting bored and his arrogance was getting the best of him. He slipped a "Hurry up!" and "Lets just move on." every now and again but I didn't listen.

We did end up going to a small cafe and we got ice creams. I got a caramel whereas Miles got a simple vanilla.

We sat on a bench that was facing the sea and ate. I licked mine very slowly and never finished it. I ended up throwing it away while Miles hadn't even got to the cone.

I sat back down after coming back from the bin and went through my purse. I saw that Miles had spotted a photo of me and another person in there. Weirdly, I think he got jealous.

"Who's that?"

"Why does it matter?" I laughed, not looking at him.

"I wanna know."

"It's my step-sister." I replied.

He looked as if a huge weight had just been lifted off his chest and on top of that, he seemed to have a happier mood.

He continued to eat his ice cream while I watched as the waves crashed down on the sand.

"So.. what do you do if you're stuck at the house all day?" I asked subtly.

"Usually stay in my room."

"Oh cool."

The conversation got awkward.

"Look I'm sorry, we got off on the wrong foot. Can we, you know.. start over?" I said out of nowhere.

"Oh um, sure."

"Okay cool. My names Y/N, I'm 16 and I work as a live in babysitter. You?"

"Well my names Miles. I'm 17 and I don't have a job. Yet."

"What do you want to do then?" I asked him.

"I have no clue." He says.

"Oh that's unfortunate."

There was a long silence.

"Can you teach me how to draw?" Miles said out of the blue.

"What?" I say, extremely confused.

"You know, drawing. Can you teach me?" He repeats.

"Um sure. Can you teach me how to play the guitar then? I've always wanted to."

"Um.. I'm not a very good teacher." He replied.

"What, am I not good enough for you?" I say, laughing.

He stares at me.

"Of course you are. I just don't know if I can do it."

"It's fine don't worry. I don't mind." I say with a smile.

I put my hand on his to reassure him.

From the corner of my eye, I caught him looking at me.

I turn to face him and he meets my gaze. He holds the eye contact between us.

"Is there a problem?" I ask, thinking he was worried.

Then he leans in.

And kisses me.

On the lips.

It was just a peck but it made me jump. He backed away quickly as if he regretted what he had just done.

I stared at him silently, before leaning in to kiss him back.

It wasn't nearly anything like a make out but it was nice. Considering that it was my first.

But after, it got awkward.

We didn't talk for a long while until Miles piped up.

"We should go." He says, walking to the car.

I quickly gather my things and rush behind him.

The drive is silent again but there's more tension in the air.

"You did it first I don't know why you're acting like this." I say very quickly.

He doesn't say anything but I see this grip on the steering wheel tighten so much so his knuckles go white.

We get home and go straight to our rooms. Flora and Mrs Grose are back and are watching TV.

I sit in my room regretting going out to town.

I think I've messed everything up.

[chapter seven — enough for you]

a/n — help i'm lowkey winging it at this point, kmn.

not edited