chapter five .·:*¨༺ deja vu

"
she thinks it's
special, but it's
all reused.
"

[y/n's pov]

After Miles finished explaining the game, we started playing. It took a while to get into it because I was still unsure on the rules.

It was a dancing game where he would play the guitar and I would have to dance in a manner of footsteps that corresponded with the music.

I fell in love with it quite quickly and before I knew it, Miles was strumming the guitar passionately and I was flowing along.

I checked my watch and was shocked.

"Oh gosh it's really late, I should get going." I said, heading for the door.

I left the room without Miles even saying bye. I huffed and went to my room.

I changed into my nightwear and sat on my bed, reading my book. The lamp only shone golden yellow light but it made the room feel nice and warm.

I lit a candle and let the incense fill the area. I continued reading until I felt my eyes drooping and wanting to close.

I marked my page and shut the book, leaving it on my nightstand.

I was getting under my covers as I saw a dark figure standing in the doorway.

"OH MY LORD!" I cried, clutching my chest.

Miles stepped into the light.

"What are you doing?" I breathed heavily.

"I didn't get to say goodnight." He said calmly.

"Okay..?" I questioned.

Then he did the most unexpected thing.

He walked up to me and slipped himself under the covers.

He turned his back to me and laid down.

"What on earth! Get out of my bed!" I spat, disgusted by his behaviour.

He sat back up and faced me.

He stared at me before bringing a hand to my face, caressing my cheek.

I flinched back but slowly let him do it. Underneath the covers, my toes curled in a happy manner.

I stared at him, my mouth slightly agape, and shrunk back when he put his whole hand against my cheek.

Then suddenly, he removed his hand and went back to his original position, on his side with his back to me.

Embarrassed, I didn't say anything and went to bed.

I left the light on and Miles noticed this.

"I know what you're afraid of, leaving the light on won't keep you safe." He said, loud enough for me to hear.

I cringed at this and turned the light off, the room swallowed by darkness.

I shut my eyes and fell sleep more easily than usual.

timeskip —

I woke up abruptly, covered in sweat. My breaths were short and shallow as I tried to calm myself down.

Of course it was tonight I had to have a nightmare;
the night I had, even though it wasn't my choice, a boy in my bed.

I remembered was had scared me. A photo that had scared me since I was a young child. A badly proportioned face jumping out at me from random times.

The usual. Too often that I got deja vu if I'm honest.

I was embarrassed and hoped that if Miles was being serious, didn't 'see' this.

I laid back down on my side and felt a hand on my hip.

"Just go to sleep.." Miles grumbled from behind me, his voice low and croaky.

I clenched my jaw and relaxed my body as he brought himself closer to me.

He was like a big spoon, covering me (the small spoon) with his body.

His hand stayed on my hip and I felt his breath of my neck.

I smiled and closed my eyes.

I don't know why I liked this.

I just did.

[chapter five — deja vu]

a/n — bro idk if i used the correct lines from the movie but i don't have the movie to check.

edited and proof read