chapter two .·:*¨༺ traitor

"
but you're
still a
traitor.
"

[y/n's pov]

I woke up and the sun was shining through the window in my room. I yawned before getting out of bed and taking a shower.

I threw on the outfit that was at the top of my suitcase, which consisted of black jeans with a belt, a blue sweater vest with a white shirt underneath, some doc martens, a necklace and a few rings.

I did a quick brush through of my hair before going downstairs, getting lost a few times on the way.

The house was huge, almost a mansion, and I didn't get to explore much of it yesterday. I decided that would be my thing to do today, after I finished lessons with Flora.

I finally found where everyone was having breakfast. Flora and the brother sat on the sofa playing a game, Mrs Grose supervised them.

I sat down silently and chewed on my nails. It was a horrible habit and I'd been trying to stop but it's hard to not do unless you're thinking about it.

"That's a horrible habit for young girls like you. So many germs and bacteria under your nails! It's like licking a toilet seat." Mrs Grose spoke up.

"It's true, I saw it in the newspaper once." The boy said.

I looked at him before lowering my hand from my lips.

"I never caught your name." He said.

"That's cause I didn't throw it."

Only Flora laughed.

"Her names Y/N. I trust you will be kind to her." Mrs Grose spoke for me.

"What's your name?"

He didn't answer.

"His name is Miles and he's the best brother in the whole world!" Flora piped up.

"Really?" I questioned playfully.

"Yup!"

I didn't believe it for one second. I wanted to give Miles a chance but his body language, the way he spoke, it was telling me that he didn't actually care for anyone but him and Flora.

After lessons had finished, I explored the house before going to my room and calling Kate as I put my clothes away.

"Yeah, everything's fine. The brother's back from boarding school."

"Why?" Kate asked over the phone.

"Don't know, maybe half term break? It's a private school so the holidays are probably different."

"I don't think so, you should ask him."

"Oh lord no, he doesn't like me, it's obvious."

"Y/N are you sure? Don't make quick judgements."

"Fine. I'll speak to him later, it's bound to happen anyways. Gotta go, bye."

I scoffed and hung up the phone, putting away the rest of my shirts.

There was a knock at the door and I half expected to see Miles standing there but it was Flora. She held an apple and offered it to me.

I politely took it before she took me downstairs and outside to the stables where Miles was getting out the horses.

"Miles is going to teach you how to ride!" Flora giggled.

"Oh Flora, I would love to but I don't think I'm coordinated correctly for that." I laughed nervously.

"Sure you are!" She dragged me forward.

Later, after Miles had shown me what to do, I got on the horse as it started trotting in a circular motion.

Miles whipped the horse on multiple occasions and it whine senselessly.

"Miles please don't whip him anymore, your hurting him."

"It's just a fucking horse."

"Don't say that Miles!" Flora cried.

"Sorry Flora."

Soon after, I dismounted the horse.

"Can we show Y/N the koi pond?"

I looked a Miles with a questioning look.

"It's her favourite part of the garden."

We went there to see the fish. While me and Flora were gazing into the water, I heard running footsteps and looked up to see Miles running over to something on the ground.

I followed, Flora shortly after.

I heard a crunch before Flora squealed.

"Miles!"

I looked over Miles' shoulder to see a half eaten koi.

"Miles.. I- that was unnecessary."

"Nothing should have to suffer."

Flora was crying now.

"You're a traitor!" She whined.

Once she's run off again Miles spoke to me in a low voice.

"That's your fault she's upset. I went over by myself so she wouldn't have to see but oh of course you had to follow."

My mouth gaped open as he sped up and over took me, getting to the house quicker.

I clenched my jaw a found a bench to sit on. I swear I heard people talking behind me the whole way there but every time I looked around, no one was there.

I sat on the bench, staring at the gardens. I stayed out until Mrs Grose came to collect me for lunch.

I didn't eat since I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Mrs Grose said it was okay, probably just home-sickness, because Flora and Miles finished off my meal.

I drank a glass of water before going to sleep for the rest of the day.

[chapter two — traitor]

no a/n

not edited