The Party From Hell

Adelaide was getting ready while she was texting Alec, she was getting more and more annoyed by the second

She could hear the human everywhere in the house, just as she heard "The Volturi....."

These words made Adelaide stop and stay in the house, as in curiosity over what he would say about her other family. "The Volturi are a very old and very powerful family." Right word choice Edward. 

He just has to know that Adelaide was listening on from her bedroom. "I guess they're the closest thing our world has to royalty." Edward told the human as she knew they were studying the painting Carlisle had up in the house. 

"Is that Carlisle?" The human girl asked as she looked to the poster, Adelaide moving silently to sit behind them in the window as she watched them from behind, neither of them realising. 

"Yeah." Edward told Bella as he wanted to refrain from telling her. "He lived with them for a few decades. He described them as very refined, no respect for human life, of course, but respects for the arts and the sciences at least." Edward just kept on pausing almost not wanting to tell her this next part. "It's how he and Adelaide met." 

"And the law above all the law." Edward added on, Adelaide staring into the painting as it was coming to life, she could remember the ball so well, she stood by the the Kings with Alec and Jane, being their top guards. 

"Vampires have laws." The human girl questioned. 

Edward continuing. "Not very many. Only one that is regularly enforced." Edward really loved his pauses in the middle of a speech. 

"What is it?" The human girl asked, really you shouldn't.

"That we keep the secret of our kind a secret. We don't make spectacles of ourselves. And we don't kill conspicuously. Unless of course you want to die." Edward told the human. Adding the death part to the end. 

"You have got to stop talking about that." The human girl told Edward. "I don't even want to think about someone hurting you."

"Bella the only thing that can hurt me is you." Adelaide just wanted to retch and throw up at Edward's words, yes her and Alec were like that but only when they hadn't seen each other for months. 

"What about Adelaide?" The human girl asked her boyfriend. 

"Well, she was with the Volturi for even longer. She mostly connects them to North America, so no guard has to stay here. But she was found by them after her turning, where she found her mate......" Edward started to explain his sister's history with the Volturi. 

"Which she doesn't need to know anything about." Adelaide butted into their conversation. "My history, my stories. You want to tell her about me, tell her about everyone here, and you tell her more about me, then you will be burned, trust me, the Volturi won't mind."

Adelaide walked out of the room slamming the door. 

~~

Adelaide walked down the stairs to the human girl's birthday party, she didn't even know why they were doing this, it was stupid. And why did she have to be here. 

Alice pulled the human girl down the stairs with Edward trailing behind them, Adelaide with Rosalie and Emmett. 

"Sorry about all of this." Carlisle started to tell the human. "We tried to reign Alice in."

"Impossible." Adelaide fake coughed sending a pointed look to her sister. 

"Like that is even possible." Esme told the girl. "Happy Birthday Bella." 

Emmett was dragging his wife and younger sister round the room. 

Alice taking a picture of the birthday girl with a camera. "I found it in your bag." Alice telling the human girl now, Adelaide stood between Rosalie and Emmett holding Rosalie's hand, both of them just wanting this to be done with. 

Adelaide heard Emmett speak up. "Dating an older woman hot!" He obviously told Edward. 

Adelaide just rolled her eyes at this. "Edward is like over 100 years old." Adelaide told Emmett. 

"Well your almost 1000 years old, how does it feel granny." Emmett mocked the younger physically girl. 

"Emmett I can still kick your ass." Adelaide told her brother as Alice came up to them with presents. Rosalie and Adelaide's in one hand. 

"It's a necklace, Alice picked it out." Rosalie told the human. 

"You have everything. And it's not because you're a good little girl who deserves happiness." Adelaide told Bella as she leaned against the living room wall, once Rosalie passed the human girl the present, both the girls just wanted to be out of the room. 

"Well I have one thing you don't have." The human girl whispers under her breath. 

"What, humanity. I don't care about that. The only thing I wish I could have would be to fall asleep in my husbands arms after he fucks the life out of me." Adelaide told the room shamelessly, just speaking her mind.

~~

Once they had gotten through  Emmett's present, Adelaide just payed attention to Carlisle and Esme's.

"You were looking kind of pale." Esme told the young girl as she held the envelope. 

She just opened the envelope in a funky way, almost guaranteeing a paper cut. Adelaide could smell the blood before anything, her eyes going for red to jet black now. 

"Paper cut." The human told her as if it was nothing. 

Rosalie and Emmett turning to Adelaide who they knew would be freaking out. They were right, her eyes were black and as Jasper went for the girl, Adelaide did as well, not holding onto anything that could keep her sanity. 

Edward pushing the human back and into a table and wall as Jasper and Adelaide ran to Edward. Jasper getting pushed back into the Piano, and Adelaide not getting hit by any sort of push for a few seconds before she felt a bigger push, her getting thrown to the top of the stairs. 

She ran down after a few seconds of the others being distracted with Jasper, and she was caught by Emmett and Rosalie. 

Rosalie quietly talking with the girl, trying to get it so Adelaide didn't burn Emmett. 

"Hey, hey, don't even think about drinking her, he blood doesn't even taste nice. We will get you to see Alec at the weekend in Volterra, and you can drink some of Alec's AB stash, that ha keeps for you." Rosalie told the girl before Emmett kept hid tight hold on her and they walked outside. 

~~

It wasn't long until Adelaide was able to get herself back inside. She lost control easily, but once she was away she was lost her appetite again easily. 

She walked inside and she saw Carlisle and the human girl. 

"I'm the safest psychotic bitch in town." Adelaide told Bella as she walked past her and into her room after she came home from the Cullen's house after being calmed down.

She hugged her father figure and they walked off as Edward joined the human girl in the room.