CHAPTER 5 - CITY OF FREEDOM (2)

Several knights surrounded the monsters trying to invade the city. They are very composed even though the monsters in front of them looks very violent and creepy.

"Hilichurls, Lavachurls and mitachurls, hah", Kay said as he watched the knights and analyzed the enemies. "Of course it won't be a problem for them. But these monsters have been infected by lesser cells."

"Takes more than that to kill them..."

When a monster is infected by lesser cells, it will increase its strength, agility and more depending on its species. And of course, there is a price for that. The monster will become violent and lose control of its own body when the lesser cells become their host.

Best to leave them alone, after all they will die eventually. Their lifespan is a week at best and after died, rotten and disappear.

A failure, the reason why it is called...lesser cells.

The good news is the lesser cells cannot infect humans, another good news is, it also cannot infect strong monsters. The bad news is, when the monsters are close to city, the chance for them to attack the city is quite high.

"Seven hilichurls, two lavachurls and one mitachurls", said Kay. "And all of them are infected by the lesser cells..."

"Great, better kill those three first and let the knights handle the rest."

Kay then put a fox mask on his head, covering his face. As he put on the mask, several black auras surround him, hiding all his identities from being known. The lack of presence, like a shadow emerging from the darkness, moving swiftly towards the knight of Favonius who fails to detect him.

The time when the knights spot him, he already in front of them, standing in the middle between the knights and the monsters.

"Hey!! What are you doing!! It is dangerous here!!", shouted Amber.

Although Amber warned him, Kay doesn't budge. Instead, he takes out the weapon he borrows from the knights, Favonius Greatsword.

ROARSS!!! ROARSS!!

The ferocious monsters turn more violent, having provoked by Kay. The monsters roar loudly and start moving towards Kay, showing their sharp claws to attack him.

During this moment, Kay is activating his elemental skill, the combination of Amber's pyro and Noelle's geo vision, Baronplate.

BANG!!! KLANG!!

ROARS!!

The attacks from the monsters are blocked by geo shields, preventing them from getting a clean hit at Kay. However, it does not stop the monsters to keep attacking Kay even thought it is clearly futile.

"Geo shield? He is a vison bearer!!", shouted Amber. "But he doesn't seem to have one..."

STAB!!

Within moments, Kay stabbed the lavachurl in front of him and lifted it, before smashing to the ground. Seeing one of the monsters die, the other monsters became enrage and used all their strength to destroy Kay. But the shield is too strong to be broken.

"So strong, wait, we should help him!!", shouted Amber. "Everyone, focus on the hilichurls!! Don't let them near the city!!"

"You heard her!! Defeat all the enemies and defend our city!!"

The knight begins to swarm the hilichurls, which Kay realizes that he is better finish killing the enemy in front of him quickly because he can feel his energy depletes the longer, he uses Code Breaker.

"Tch, this vision up really takes almost my strength", thought Kay in frustration. "Better finish them quickly..."

SLASH!! SLASH!! SLASH!!

Slash and keeps slashing, killing the remaining two lavachurls, only to realize the monsters keep coming toward them. The reinforcements, and these monsters are very annoying. They look violent and feracious. They look pretty weak in the first place, after infected by the lesser cell, you might change you view for them.

"Tch, really", thought Kay. "Now come that annoying little bitch..."

[Sound of Pyro and Geo emerge]

"Hurmm? Pyro? Where is that come from?", said Amber, she gets a feeling that pyro elemental has been release nearby.

"Miss Amber, look at that masked man!!"

The knights and Amber take a glance at Kay, and they can feel two different elemental power have been store up and waiting to be release.

"What is that...?"

SLASH!! SLASH!! SLASH!!

"Too bad for you, because you will get blast...", said Kay.

BOOM!!!

The geo shield explodes, dealing pyro damage to the enemies. However, the damage is not powerful enough to kill the monsters. In fact, the monsters become angrier at Kay.

"Tch, I don't have much time left", thought Kay.

"Crystallization Burnout...Final Burst..."

"Sweeping Rain..."

[Sound of Pyro and Geo emerge]

[Sound of Geo smashes the monsters, follow up by Sound of Pyro]

The knights watched Kay slaughter the enemy in shock, they couldn't believe what they saw. Two visions, pyro and geo, one man.

"Pyro and geo vision, but that is impossible..."

"Is he having a vision in the first place? I don't see even one of them..."

"I never see any human can used two visions simultaneously until now..."

"Don't just watch him! Help him kill those monsters!!"

When the knights are busy dealing with monsters, they don't realize that Key has disappeared from their sight. Kay leaves nothing but a few corpses of monsters that he defeated, no sign or evidence of him, for the knights to find him.

"He's gone..."

"Leaving no trail, he knows his job. What do you think about this, Miss Amber?"

"This is the first time I have met a human who can use two visions, simultaneously, no visions on him and no signs of using delusion", said Amber. "I'm gonna report this to acting grand master."

"So, that is the man that Eula is talking about", said Kaeya, appears out of nowhere. "Very interesting, indeed..."

....................

....................

....................

"Tch, so much trouble for several fucking lesser cells", said Kay. "Should done much better than that and to think I have so much trouble without my element is pathetic."

"This Code Breaker is very good, but it takes too much strength for me to handle it. The best I can do right now is about five minutes only."

"Now to mention, Crystallization Burnout focus too much on defense. Not my preferable moves..."

"But, I'm grateful to both of you, Amber, Noelle. Without you, no doubt I will be in deep trouble to defeat them..."

"Now back to Sara and eat that sticky honey roast before Amber comes back..."

When Kay returned to the place where Yui and Sara were, his facial expression changed after seeing Eula was also there.

"Oh god, you again!!", shouted Kay. "What do you want this time?"

"That's so rude of you, traveler", said Eula. "I'm not coming here to question you again. I come here to inform you..."

"Acting Grand Master of the Knight of Favonius wants to meet you..."