A Moment

[Y/n] was walking back to her tent with Mushu and Crickee, when they heard a commotion from inside Chi Fu's tent.

"You think your troops are ready to fight? Hah!" Chi Fu laughed in amusement, as Shang sat, listening to him.

"They wouldn't last a minute against the Huns!"

"They completed their training." Shang insisted.

"Those boys are no more fit to be soldiers than you are to be captain." Chi Fu stated firmly, making [Y/n] furrow her eyebrows in annoyance.

"Once the general reads my report, your troops will never see battle."

"Ah, no, you don't! I've worked too hard to get Mulan into this war!" Mushu seethed. "This guy's messing with my plans!"

"And he's trying to belittle my brother." [Y/n] added.

"We're not finished!" Shang said angrily, placing a hand on Chi Fu's clipboard.

"Be careful, Captain." Chi Fu warned, removing Shang's hand from on top the board.

"The general may be your father, but I am the Emperor's Council. And, oh, by the way, I got that job on my own." He opened the tent.

"You're dismissed."

Shang walked out angrily, as [Y/n] met him at the door.

"What's got his knickers in a twist?" She said jokingly, but Shang just walked past her.

[Y/n] raised an eyebrow at her brother, sensing both his anger and ego, then she smirked.

"Emperor's Council? Bet that must be the most boring job on Earth. I mean what does he do all day, stand beside the Emperor trying to look pretty. Please, even a girl could do the job better than him."

Shang cracked a small smile. "My sister probably could."

[Y/n] gasped in surprise.

Shang turned to look at her. "Ping right?"

[Y/n] nodded. 

"You have a nice sense of humor."

"Thank you sir."

Shang nodded and then walked away, as [Y/n] watched him go smiling.

"Awwn, he still thinks of me." She said touched.

"Yeah, he must really love you to think you could do a man's job." Mushu said.

[Y/n] gasped and then looked down to glare at the dragon

"Oh yeah, you already are. My bad, sorry." The dragon smiled mischievously.

[Y/n] rolled her eyes 

"Anyways, my brother has dreamed of leading a troop to war far too long for his dreams to be cut short. We need to find a way to make sure we go to that battle."

Mushu cleared his throat, and [Y/n] looked down at him.

"Leave that to me."

He said smirking, making [Y/n] smile at him.