Reflection

[M/n], [Y/n] and Meng got home, the atmosphere gloomy.

"[Y/n] dear. What happened in there?" [M/n] asked cautiously.

"I'll tell you what happened. Your daughter made a fool of herself….again." [Y/n] flinched as slowly turned to the door as her Aunt Meng kept rambling.

"She pulled one of her tricks and now, she's a disgrace to the Li family name."

"Meng!"

The sound of a door closing was heard, and the women turned to see that [Y/n] was no longer in the way.

[M/n] turned and glared at her sister.

"I've had just about enough of your bad mouthing Meng, you talk trash about my daughter one more time…….and you'll be reminded who's house you're in." 

She warned sternly.

[Y/n] sighed as she sat by the lake. She turned to look at her reflection in the water, cringing at who she saw.

[Y/n]:

Look at me

I will never pass for a perfect bride 

Or a perfect daughter 

Can it be? 

I'm not meant to play this part? 

Now I see 

That if I were truly to be myself 

I would break my family's heart. 

[Y/n] walked over to their family altar, staring at her face in the reflection of the walls.

[Y/n]:

Who is that girl I see 

Staring straight back at me 

Why is my reflection someone I don't know Somehow I cannot hide 

Who I am, though I've tried 

When will my reflection show who I am inside? 

When will my reflection show who I am, inside?

[Y/n] walked over to the blossom tree she last sat with her father.

[M/n] came to sit next to her, and [Y/n] turned away from her mother in shame.

"I'm sorry Mom, I failed you." She said full of sorrow.

[M/n] looked at her daughter sadly, but then looked around, her eyes lighting up in sight of the blossoms. She cleared her throat, catching her daughter's attention.

"My, my, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one's late. I bet when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all, after all, the flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all."

[Y/n] laughed slightly, turning to her mother.

"Where have I heard that before?" She asked, remembering her father.

[M/n] laughed too, and then pulled her daughter closer to her, resting [Y/n]'s head on her lap, stroking her hair.