Prologue

On the great Wall of China, a Chinese soldier in full gear walked around, patrolling.

Suddenly, something hits his head from behind making him grunt.

He looks up to see a hawk land on the pinnacle of the tower.

The hawk turns and let's out a cry.

The soldier turns to the direction of where the hawk was facing, and suddenly sees a hook flying up to the wall.

He walks over to the edge and then suddenly, more hooks come flying up.

He backs up, running back to his post.

"We're under attack! Light the signal!"

He runs to the door, but pausing when the door swings open, and a couple of Huns walk out.

The soldier runs up the ladder, narrowly missing the sword that was swung at him.

He climbed up to the top, picking up a torch.

Suddenly, a man jumps on top the tower with him, and the hawk from before lands on his shoulder.

The soldier narrowed his eye in determination and lit the beacon with the torch.

The duo turn, watching as the other beacons lit up, one by one.

"Now all of China knows you're here." The soldier said to the leader of the Huns.

The man, Shan Yu, plucked off the flag, burning it in the fire while smiling sinisterly.

"Perfect."

The Chinese General, General Li, and two other soldiers walk into the castle.

They walk towards the throne, and bow before the Emperor.

"Your Majesty, the Huns have crossed our Northern Border." General Li said, still bowing.

"Impossible!" Chi Fu, the Emperor's councilman exclaimed. "No one can get through the Great Wall!"

The Emperor silenced him with a raise of his hand.

"Shan Yu is leading them." General Li said, making the Emperor take a deep breath.

"We'll set up defenses around your palace immediately."

"No!" The Emperor exclaimed, standing up.

"Send your troops to protect my people!" Then he turned to Chi Fu

"Chi Fu!"

"Yes, your Highness."

"Deliver conscription notices throughout all the provinces. Call up reserves, and as many new recruits as possible." The Emperor commanded.

"Forgive me, your Majesty, but I believe my troops can stop him." General Li confirmed.

"I won't take any chances, General. A single grain of rice can tip the scale; one man may be the difference between victory and defeat."

New story guys. Short, but more chapters are coming. I promise