XXII ; if you love me let me go.

« hemmings »

Ashton didn't cry for long, at least not sitting around because within seconds he'd ran from the bedroom to the front door and slammed the door behind him making the walls shake as a few paintings actually fell to the ground with a thud. Calum stared at me as I stared at him, silently we agreed to chase after Ashton.

So the next thing I knew my very unathletic noodly legs were moving in a sprint, and I totally didn't trip within a few paces.

Soon though I let it dawn on me just how serious whatever was happening was and let the adrenaline course through my veins as I puffed out short breaths in hopes to keep with Calum. See if it weren't for me, I'm pretty sure he would've caught up with Ashton before he'd even started. But I'm a little clumsy, and hate running with a burning passion.

We ran.

And ran.

And ran. .

I had no clue where we were heading, I only knew that I was beginning to lose sight of Ashton and Calum was getting irritated at my slow pace. News flash totally-not-asian-kiwi-with a sharp jaw-and puppy cheeks, I haven't left my room in three months and I sure as hell didn't plan on running on my first day out.

Even as we ran I was still thinking, which probably wasn't helping with my concentration on my own two feet, I thought a lot about Ashton's phone call simply because he sounded petrified. Like he seemed like a concerned mother -- maybe he has a secret child.

Okay Ashton may be Calum's "daddy" but I'm quite sure he doesn't have a kid, he's probably terrified of a vagina and what it does -- he'd probably see one and cry because it didn't "brush it's hair," or maybe that it "winked at him."

I was growing breathless and felt my knees growing weak, but I couldn't give up on Ashton -- no matter how much I may hate the kid, I couldn't leave him in so much distress, even if he has Calum I'd feel guilty. I'm already a little too guilty as it is.

"Ca-Cal do you s-see him?" I panted stopping for a moment to wipe a collection of sweat off my forehead. ( a/n : I SWEAR THIS IS NOT CHILDBIRTH )

He nodded before sprinting ahead as I practically collapsed in a pool of my own sweat completely amazed at his ability to do this -- because honestly here I have zero determination to ever run and this feels like death, like there was a car in the driveway hello, why didn't we use that?

Slowly I saw where Ashton was stopping, we were at the towns bridge, the one I often find myself at making me wonder how I didn't realize where we were headed. He came to a stop and I attempted to push myself harder to get to him, as questions pounded me like, what if he tried to jump?

I came to a stop to see we Ashton clinging to the ledge with his arms wrapped around somebody as he yelled, "don't you fucking try this shit again."

The person was sobbing into his chest and I realized just how small Ashton was, but this person was smaller, like honestly they seemed about skin and bones. But I couldn't see them as they were nuzzled tightly into Ashton's protective hold. "P-please d-don't leave m-me, pl-please." Ashton's voice cracked as he sobbed into the persons -- whom I now realized was a boy -- hair.

He didn't respond, only clinging tighter to Ashton as Ashton lifted his gaze to Calum, "c'mere." He whispered careful not to disturb the shaken boy. Calum walked towards where they stood and cocked his head to the side, Ashton jerked his head towards the boy which I assumed was some type of signal as Calum extended his arms and Ashton gently placed the boy into Calum's grip before stepping down beside them.

The boy thrashed in Calum's grasp, "I WANT TO DIE, LET ME FUCKING DIE."

Their eyes widened as he tried to escape them, he was kicking, and screaming, but most importantly crying loudly -- I hadn't seen his face simply because he had his back turned to me but I assumed it was a close friend, maybe a cousin. All I know is he had dark hair and wore dark clothing.

"NO YOU DON'T."

"YES I DO, JUST LET ME DO IT YOU ASSHOLE." The boy cried growing defenseless as he sunk into Ashton's chest gripping fistfuls of his shirt.

"Never." Ashton whispered kissing the top of the boys head.

"Why, why don't you ever let me do it Ash," the boy whimpered, "this is the fourth time, why won't you let me go?"

"Because kitten, I love you too much to let you go." Ashton whispered placing another kiss into his feathery hair.

"If you loved me you would let me go."

"Don't go all Panic at the Disco on me," Ashton scolded making the boy giggle quietly though it only sounded half-hearted. "Now we should get you home, and just know I'm going to be watching you at all times again."

"Ashy," the boy whined childishly, "I'm not going to kill myself for anything."

"Care to explain this? Like the past three times?" Ash countered as the boy grumbled but obediently jumped in Ashton's arms so he was holding him bridal style whereas the boy just nuzzled his face into the crook of Ashton's neck.

Ashton nodded towards the direction we came from as he begun to walk still carrying the boy with a sad smile plastered on his face, and I could tell he genuinely cared for him.

"What was that?"

"Are you blind, he just saved a friend from another suicide attempt." Calum muttered twiddling with his fingers.

"Why doesn't he send him for help, he said this was the fourth time so why doesn't he send him off?" I asked as Calum looked at me with wide eyes to see if I was serious. I mean I was just suggesting to because that's what they did to Michael, and he'd gotten better -- I think.

"You're one dumb motherfucker." Calum snorted before walking ahead so he was walking in sync with Ashton.