epilogue

I hear the front door of the house open as Alex gets home. We bought a house after we got married since we were outgrowing our apartment.

"Make sure you put those shoes away," Alex warns, "You don't want Mommy to trip on those do you?"

I laugh as I hear him. I see a little boy bolt through the house, followed by the sound of toys being dumped everywhere.

"Hello," Alex says as he walks into the room I'm currently standing in. "Is she asleep?" he asks, pointing to the crib with our newborn in it.

"Yes, don't wake her." I warn him. He has no idea how long it took me to get her to sleep.

"Okay, they're going to be here any minute. They followed me in the rental car."

"Perfect," I peek out the room to check on the toddler in the living room, "I just cleaned in there too." I shake my head.

"It's okay," Alex pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I smile.

There's a knock on the door. A little boy sprints straight to the door.

"I'll get it," Alex says as he walks towards the door.

He opens the door and a group of people walk in.

I watch as Alex greets Nick and Gabby, who are now officially engaged. It's weird to think that so long ago, Alex was pettily buying Nick an air mattress and I was making stupid decisions.

We've really come a long way.

Dream and George walk through the front door. "Where's the baby?" George asks.

"Sleeping," Alex answers, "You wake her up and you'll have y/n to answer to."

Dream puts his hands up in defense, "Not going to mess with that."

"Where's Karl?" Nick asks as he comes to give me a friendly hug.

"He's on his way," I say, knowing from the text I was sent not too long ago.

Austin walks in the door, "Hey, sorry I'm late."

"No problem, man," Alex says, "you guys come on in."

We all sit around the living room to reminisce over the last couple years of our lives.

"You know what I just realized?" Dream asks randomly.

"What?" we all ask in unison.

"None of this would've happened if y/n never raided Quackity." He gestures all around us.

I laugh, "I guess you could say this all started with a raid war"