My Wonderful Mate

There was a big party happening at Barkingburg. In events like this, The Princess would request Chase over to guard the crown. Chase accepted without fuss.

Chase was currently sitting next to the crown, which sat on its pedestal. He was watching the party take place, it wasn't anything much, just wealthy families and other Royal families talking to each other. They also brought their pets as well. All of them are dogs. Chase assumed it was so Sweetie could have company. But some of them had other ideas.

"Hello, there handsome."

Chase turned his head to see a Pomeranian, a Poodle, and a German Shepherd right next to him. All of them were female.

"Uhh, hello ladies." Chase greeted.

"What's a German Shepherd like you doing here?~" the Poodle asked seductively. "I'm Penny by the way."

"Molly." Said the German Shepherd.

"Grace." The Pomeranian said.

"Chase, I'm doing my job ma'am. I'm guarding the crown." Chase told them.

"From that Terrier I assume." Grace said.

"Ugh, Terriers. They're the worst." Penny said.

"Excuse me?" Chase quizzed, growling a bit.

"Terriers are awful. Especially West Highland White Terriers." Said Molly. "They're loud, annoying, and straight-up ugly. The Princess should've chosen one of us to be the royal pup instead of her. We're all smarter, cuter, and way more beautiful."

Chase was fuming at this point. But kept calm. He was gonna teach them a lesson. "Oh, so that means Sweetie is better than all of you?"

"Huh?!" The three girls said in shock.

"You three say you're way better than Sweetie, but if the Princess chose Sweetie, then that means she's better than you three." Chase told them.

"Ugh, how is that spoiled rotten thieving pup better than us?" Penny asked.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Chase growled. "First of all, Sweetie is the most beautiful pup I've seen. Way more beautiful than all of you three combined. And second, she's smart enough to not insult other breeds in front of a police officer."

The three girls started getting nervous. They realized they were starting to make Chase angry.

"Whatever, let's forget about her and talk about you and me hooking up." Molly said to Chase, slowly walking closer to him.

"AHEM!"

Everyone turned to the voice. Standing there was Sweetie, clearly not happy at all seeing the three girls around Chase.

"Ugh, it's you." Grace said in disgust. "Gonna steal the crown again, mutt?"

"Ha! That hunk of junk. Please..." Sweetie said, unamused. "I plan to steal something much greater than the crown. Actually. I've already stolen it."

"Of course you did." Molly said, she turned to Chase. "Still think she's better than all of us?"

"Yep." Chase said proudly. Shocking the three girls.

"Shall I show you three what I stole?" Sweetie asked with an evil grin. She moved past the three and went up to Chase. At that moment, the two shared a passionate kiss. The three dogs couldn't believe it. They were together this whole time.

Sweetie could sense the broken hearts behind her, so she decided to raise a paw and flip them off. (Or however that works) She and Chase separate to see the shocked looks of the three dogs.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to spend the rest of my day with my mate. Ta-Ta now." Sweetie said, waving them away. The three girls growled before walking away.

But Sweetie wasn't done yet. She waited for the three to be in the right spot. She pressed down on a tile near her. Opening a trap door under the three dogs. They all screamed in fear as they fell, but it was quickly silenced when the door shut itself back.

"New trap?" Chase asked.

"Hehe, yep." Sweetie laughed, ending with a cute snort. "This one leads to a mud pit outside."

"That's my girl." Chase complemented, kissing Sweetie on the cheek.

"You weren't gonna leave me for them, were you?" Sweetie asked curiously.

"Why would I give up someone so perfect?" Chase said to her.

"That's what I thought." Sweetie smiled. "So... when is my handsome mate off duty?"

"Until this party ends, and maybe some overtime if needed." Chase told her.

"Oh, you'll be working overtime~" Sweetie sweetly said to him. "Just not here~"

"Then I hope you don't mind me wanting to start early~" Chase said in a smooth tone.

"Sounds like someone wants a raise."

"You could say that."

Sweetie smirked. "Follow me, Chasey. I have a more private place for us to stay."

"As you wish, Princess." Chase smiled.

Sweetie giggled, nuzzling against Chase as they walked.

"I'm so glad I stole your heart."

The End.

A Halloween chapter will be coming soon. That's all for now.

Smile :)