Chapter 11 - As I Lay Dying

Julianna's POV

By now, I was trembling in fear. I wasn't ready to die, there was still so many things I have to do. The woman, whose name I still don't know, is standing by a table and grinding herbs in a rock plate. The place I was in sort of reminded me of a cellar. It looked like she lived here. The werewolf bite on my leg had begun to take it's effects; I could feel the nausea setting in, my sight was a little blurred, my throat was dry and beads of sweat were forming on my forehead. I tried to use my magic but it wasn't working, it wasn't working on her.

"Why isn't my magic working?" I croak out.

"I've placed a spell on you. Your magic won't work on me." She answered.

"Who are you?" I question. She places the rock bowl on to the table and she turns to look at me.

"I'm Althaea, my duty is to kill you."

"Who gave you that duty?" I ask.

"That isn't your business. The witches are getting antsy, they're afraid. Not long ago, you roamed the streets with great power. Every witch wanted you dead, so when Esther took away your memory, the witches thought it was good enough; however, I'm going to show you exactly what you did. I'm strong enough to reverse the memory loss. I'm going to show you every single thing that you did to unleash hell on this Earth." She explained inching toward me. I scooted away from her until my back was pressed against the wall. She crouched down to my level and placed her hands on my temples.

New Orleans - 1891

The night was dark and cold, the only light being the moon and the burning village. I walked through the village and watched as the buildings in flames begin to fall apart. Screams were heard in every direction I walked. I felt tears sting my eyes as I tried so desperately not to cry. A woman began walking towards me with an angry determination in her eyes, she lifted her hand and began turning it causing me to fall to the ground while holding my head in my hands as the immense amount of pain surged through my head. I lifted my hand and she was thrown against the side of a burning house, unconscious. I gasped as I saw the blood spot that was left on the wall where her head had hit, who knew if she was dead. A little girl ran from behind a tall stack of hay to the woman, tears falling from the little girls eyes.

"Mommy?!" She questioned in fear and horror. She shook her mother's body several times in hopes off getting an answer from her. I turned my head away from the little girl, unable to deal with the guilt and shame I was feeling. Witches of the town began walking towards me, all of them; pained and angry for what I have done. I burned their homes, killed their families and even after all that, I still brought more pain. I backed away as they stepped closer, I didn't want to hurt them anymore. Tears began falling and I quickly wiped them away.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed. "It was never my intention to hurt this village."

"Stop feeding us your lies, monster." A villager responded.

"I can't control it, I'm deeply sorry." I said.

"That is exactly why vampires can't have the powers of a witch. The abomination of nature and the servants of nature as one, should never walk this Earth." Someone else said. "An imbalance of nature means that imbalance must die." They all began chanting, quietly at first but their voices boomed as they got more power. I fell to the ground, drained of energy and filled with pain. I screamed and begged them to stop, but after every ounce of pain I brought to them, they were bound to keep going. My pain was replaced with despair, my magic wasn't working against them, so I used my vampirism capabilities. I dashed over to them and one by one, I sunk my fangs into their necks and drained them. I was out of control - and I couldn't stop myself. There was still a few of them left so they gave it their all. As I was going to another witch I was stopped.