Chapter 6 - Magic

Julianna's POV

"Sophie we just need you to teach her a simple locator spell." Rebekah says.

"She can barely control simple powers and she doesn't even know how to use her magic. Let alone a locator spell." Sophie explains.

"Isn't this part of the deal. I can't leave New Orleans because you selfish witches want power." I say. "If you want me to be powerful enough so you guys can go against everyone, then teach me."

"I can't. Witches who practice magic in this town get caught and they get killed."

"Yes, about that. Our lovely Julianna is half vampire meaning she can't be killed easily. Also, it seems you left out a crucial detail." Klaus begins, he sits on the armchair and smirks. "Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic."

"Girl about yay high," Rebekah says with her arm in the air in example for showing Davina's height. "Cute as a button, anger issues." She describes.

"Davina?" Sophie questions. "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know. The little brat erased Julianna and I's memory right after she threw me out a window and snapped Julianna's neck with her bloody mind." Rebekah says.

"Let me cut to the chase." Klaus says leaning forward in his seat. "Davina has Elijah, you witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

"Davina would sense it." Sophie reminds us.

"Unless of course another witch, say, a traitor to the cause, Katie, for example, was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time that would create a smokescreen concealing your very small spell for Davina." Rebekah explains. "We need Davina out of Marcel's hands. That is the whole reason why you want to teach Julianna. So she can become powerful enough to get Davina back to the witches." Sophie was silent for a while.

"Katie doesn't deserve to die." She says. Klaus slams his hands on the table and gets up from the arm chair.

"Sophie Deveraux." He sits on the coffee table in front of her. "You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic. Who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" Klaus asked.

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail across the Mississippi." Sophie explains.

"And who? pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?"

"Katie's boyfriend Thierry." Sophie says.

After everyone left to do their thing, I was left alone in the house. I got my phone out of my pocket and searched through my contacts. I learned something about a very certain someone who did know lots about witches and magic. Sophie isn't willing to teach me, so I'm going to call someone who can, and they probably know more about magic than she does. I press the phone to my ear and smile as I hear the familiar voice.

"Kol, I need your help."

*

I walked into a small café and I was hit with the aroma of coffee and pastries. I searched the tables and I found the familiar brunette head across the room. I walked over to the table and sat across from him.

"So tell me darling, how is New Orleans?" Kol asks.

"Like hell. Nik is being Nik, trying to reclaim a throne and daggering poor Elijah, Rebekah re-encountering an old lover." I explain and he chuckles.