Day One -14-

Author's POV,

New dress, new shoes, new office, new vibes. But the feeling was same. Forbidden Office Relationship vs Spicy Office Romance. Is this just a beginning or an ending to a start to a origin less love story?

Zaira enters the office building with an unusual energy. The giant building, super tall walls, beautiful chandeliers, glassy doors colourful lightings and a hot boss was all a girl could dream about. And Zaira was the luckiest one.

Zaira: Excuse me.

Receptionist: Yes.

Zaira: I am Zaira Miller.

Receptionist: Yes, Miss Zaira. Your Manager Miss Nora Grace will be escorting you to your chair and she will give you all the instructions about your tasks.

Zaira: Sure.

Receptionist: Nora Mam, Zaira Miller is here.

Zaira: Nora... Nice name.

Receptionist: Don't expect her to be nice. She is the Dracula of Crane Industries. Don't worry, you just have to do your job properly. Well, she is here. All The Very Best.

Zaira: Thank You. I'll see you around.

Manager: Zaira Miller. Follow me.

Zaira: Yes Mam.

Manager: Being a Personal Assistant isn't really easy. You will be taking care of Mr. Crane personally. So you'll have to be careful.

Zaira: Mr. Crane? You mean Elijah?

Manager: Mr. Elijah Crane. Be careful with your words.

Zaira: Sorry... Mam...

Manager: Mr. Crane will have Lemon Tea two times a day. You will be taking care of his Files, Meetings, Phone Calls, Wardrobe, etc. He likes punctuality and he is very serious when it comes to work. You need to be very sincere and careful around him.

Zaira: Yes Mam.

Manager: Here's your seat, opposite to Mr. Crane. He is having all your details and your number. You must go to him whenever he calls you.

Zaira: Sure Mam, thank you.

Manager: And... Welcome to The Crane Industries. Best Of Luck.

Zaira: BEST OF LUCK? Was it a Welcome or a Warning?(murmurs)

Author's POV,

Zaira notices that Elijah was staring at her all this time. His eyes are locked onto her. Zaira was sure that he will be calling her now and that is what happened.

Elijah: Miss Miller, can you come to my office?

Zaira: Yes, Sir.

Elijah: Yeah.

Zaira: May I come in, Sir?

Elijah: Yes, come in. These are the files to be checked. I need the work done in 2 straight days.

Zaira: Yeah... OK Sir.

Author's POV,

Zaira takes the files and turns around on her heels, her leg slips and was about to hit the ground. A strong pair of arms gets a hold on her. And that is when their eyes meet. Meanwhile, someone knocks on the door, bringing them back to their senses.

Elijah: Yes, come in.

Pune: Sir, here is your Lemon Tea.

Elijah: Thank You. From here onwards, Zaira will take care of my Food, Drinks, Clothes, etc.

Pune: Ok, Sir.

Elijah: Zaira, get those files checked in 2 days.

Zaira: Yes, Sir.

Author's POV,

At recess, Zaira goes straight to the Cafeteria. She was trying to process what happened in Elijah's Cabin.

Zaira's POV,

What kind of man is he? Sometimes he acts too Sweet and sometimes he is too Bossy. And when he was holding me in those strong arms, my every single hormone was activated. Focus Zaira Focus, not on him but on work.

 Focus Zaira Focus, not on him but on work