1. "Remus Lupin, wanted for stealing my heart"

Monday, 1st September 1975. 18 days until the full moon.

People liked to stare and create assumptions. For whatever reason it may be, Judson always found people glancing at him with a hint of peculiarity, and most of the time, he knew why. As of that exact moment, everyone was looking at his head. He tried to convince himself it was out of envy.

"I can continue alone from now," he stated, turning to his parents and grabbing his cart and trunk. "You don't have to go through with me."

"See you soon, darling," cried his mother, pulling him into a hug. She rubbed his back tenderly, still not used to the feeling of not having her son around for an entire year. "I love you. Enjoy school!"

His father looked at him critically, up and down. Judson cleared his throat and made no reaction to it. He knew better.

"Good luck," he said, offering his hand.

"Goodbye sir. Thank you." And they shook.

"Don't forget to write to us," his mum requested, hugging him once more. Judson chuckled, and swayed her in his arms.

"Of course, ma." He pulled apart and stared at his mother, who was trying without success to hold back her tears. His father approached to throw an arm around her shoulders. "See you next year."

After a last glance at his parents, he ran towards Platform 9¾ and magically appeared at the station, where the Hogwarts Express shone bright under the sun of September.

Judson strolled down the aisle until reaching the crooked sign of the platform, where he had agreed to meet with Juniper and Maverick. Since it was quite early, not many people were hanging around at that part of the station. Judson parked his trunk and leaned against it, waiting for them to arrive.

Soon enough, students started to fill the space, all chattering and excited to be once again ready to go to Hogwarts. Judson tried to ignore the occasional stares he received as people passed him by, but he was feeling confident. If they wanted to stare, he wouldn't do anything to stop them.

"Oh, hello," a voice called from behind. He turned around to be met by Juniper, who greeted him with a hug. "Missed me?"

"Lots," he chuckled in response, as if they hadn't seen each other two weeks before in Diagon Alley.

"Love the headband," said Juniper, touching the curls that were held by a purple tie-dye headband. "Gives it volume."

"Thank you." Judson extended his hands, finally hearing the compliment he most expected. "Made it with my mum over the summer. Father doesn't really fancy it."

"Oh, don't listen to him, it's fantastic. Next time I visit you're totally teaching me how to make one of those."

Judson smiled widely. "You bet."

"Hiya!" Maverick crept up to them and threw his arms around their shoulders. "Long time no see, lads. How are my two favourite prefects doing?"

"You're never letting that go, aren't you?"

"Of course not! I bloody called it. Where are your badges?"

Judson and Juniper searched their bags, and took out a pair of brilliant silver and blue Prefect badges that came to them with the Hogwarts letter. Judson pinned it on top of his shirt, controlling the urge to take out his school robe as well and put it on just to live the complete experience.

"Let's find a compartment before you two have to leave for that meeting of yours, shall we?" Maverick asked, and the three jumped on the train. It was almost empty, considering that most of the students were still bidding goodbye to their families on the platform and wouldn't board until it was five minutes to eleven.