dohwan | cookies

"Class dismissed." The teacher announced signaling the end of classes for today. Students hurriedly grabbing their things to leave for school and go home or do their own things. 

"Hwan" The student looked up upon hearing his name being called. 

"Let's go" says the one who called him and tried to carry Junghwan's backpack but failed to do so when the latter retrieved it from his hold

"Go home first, I'll be staying in the library 'til later to study for our exams." Junghwan said and slowly started packing his things.

"You can study in your house. Let's go already!" Doyoung whined and pouted trying to convince the other to leave school early.

"Doyoung you can go home first, you don't have to wait for me" He said before standing up ready to head to the library.

But Doyoung had other plans, "Why not invite me for your study session? I'm having exams too." Junghwan turned around and sighed before facing the boy in defeat, "Let's go" 

On their way to the library, Doyoung just followed Junghwan behind like a dog waiting for his owner to give him treats. As they arrive they sat down in a vacant spot and Junghwan quickly grabbed his notes to study not wanting to have a conversation with Doyoung cause he knows he'll just distract him... basically what he's been doing the past week.

"So, what topic will you be studying?" Doyoung tried to break the silence that has been bugging him ever since they entered the quiet place filled with the scent of books.

"Just study." Junghwan coldly replied that made Doyoung sulk like a baby. 

Facing his notes that he doesn't even understand as some words were replaced with the name of the guy. 'The parts of the heart are right Junghwan, left atrium...' 

When did I write this? Why? What? How?

His eyebrows met, confused as to how he even managed to write that. But his stomach filled with butterflies said otherwise. 

"I never knew I was a part of the heart" Junghwan smiled as he saw what was written on Doyoung's notebook. "Huh? W-what do you mean?" He awkwardly laughed and tried to cover his notes. But Junghwan grabbed his hand that was hovering over the words on his notebook. 
"The parts of the heart are right Junghwan, left atrium, right ventricle, left Junghwan. Doesn't that name ring a bell?" Junghwan teased him causing Doyoung to turn pink from embarrassment.

"Cute." Junghwan said that made Doyoung eyes turn as wide as a donut. "What..."

"Here," Junghwan turned around grabbing something from his bag. It was a bag of chocolate chip cookies, one of Doyoung's favorites. He handed it over to him and smiled at Doyoung's confused face. "Why are you giving me cookies? In the library?"

"You told me to give you something that you like once I'll tell you I like you." He paused to catch his breath, "And I saw that you liked cookies." Junghwan genuinely smiled at him.

He turned around to go look for something on his notes. Grabbing a pencil and an eraser, he rewrote something on his notebook. After doing so he showed it to him and that made Doyoung laugh at his cheekiness. 

"The parts of my heart are Doyoung, Doyoung, Doyoung, Doyoung." He read out loud.

"Change that back, you'll fail your test if you'll answer 'Doyoung' as the parts of the heart." They both laughed and enjoyed the cookies even if it's not allowed to eat in the library.