Wing-spiker

You look outside the window and wish you were at the beach or somewhere peaceful right now.

"Y/N, Y/N!." You are brought back to reality.

You look around and then at the teacher in front of you.

You pick up the book in front of you and stand up.

"Page 756," Aika whispered.

"Thank you," you mouthed and started reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's lunchtime, you fetch your wallet out of your bag and head out.

But first, you change into your volleyball costume.

The gym is pretty crowded than it usually is. You see a tall figure in the far end of the gym and you know it's Menma.

"Menma!" You run-up to her.

"Oh hey, everyone, meet Y/N she is the new member.

"Hey", all of them said at once.

There were a total of seven members present at the moment including you. You were introduced to each member.

Menma: captain, setter, third year, no.1
Momo: wing-spiker, second year, no.6
Hina: middle blocker, first year, no.13
Yua: middle blocker, first year, no.11
Sara: libero, second year, no.5
Megumi:setter, first year, no.4
Y/N: wing spiker, third year, no.10

"We don't have many girls just a few," said Menma. "They'll be here soon."

Menma tosses to you some balls to hit a few spikes.

"Not bad," she praises, "but you need to practice more."

After few minutes of practising alone with Menma, the other four members showed up.

It was decided to have a practice match.

Later some members of the boy's volleyball team made it to the gym along with Oikawa but Iwaizumi wasn't with them.

"Hey girls, need some help?"

"Yahaba, sure can you toss me some?" asked Momo.

Yahaba's attempt to make a move seemed to have hit the mark a girl was finally paying attention to what he said and talking to him.

The rest of them sat outside the court while you girls practised.

"Way to go Y/N!," Oikawa cheered.

They were sitting there staring at y'all.

"I want Tooru to compliment me too," frowned Yua.

After playing two matches consecutively you finally take a break. You wished Iwaizumi was there to witness how great you were.

"That was awesome!"

You turn around to see its Oikawa. Your face lights up, "thanks."

"Even I know how to play I can help you."

"Everybody in the district knows that you know how to play."

"What can I say," he said proudly.

You pouted, "okay, show me."

He was excellent at this, his tosses were perfect you could hit it without any difficulty.

His angle is perfect and the position in which he's throwing the ball.... You thought.

"Not bad." You said.

"Well, what do you know," he bragged.

You guys practised for a few more minutes.

He stopped, looking worried.

"-I'll be right back," he said while looking at the door.

You followed his gaze to see a girl standing near the door with her arms crossed, she seemed angry, no, worried about something or someone you couldn't make out.

"Okay," you said.

He ran up to her but he was stopped midway by a few of his fangirls.

"Oikawa-san can you help me with tosses?"

"-Tooru can you help me too?"

He gently excuses himself and went up to the girl.

You felt you shouldn't stare so you went back to practice but you kept looking from now and then from the periphery of your eyes.

It seemed like they were arguing or more like she was arguing.

The way he ran up to her as soon as he saw her proved that she was his girlfriend.

They were too far you couldn't hear a word they said but you could make out some of the words coming from her mouth.

"- I am so sick of you, you promised to spend time with me but.........I am so done....."

She stopped and caught you staring.

You turned your head as soon as your eyes met, you started practising again but you could still feel her staring.

Out of curiosity, you tried to turn your head back again and saw them still arguing.

Oikawa tried to touch her but she kept hitting away his hands. She walked out of the gym, she still seemed angry.

Oikawa stood there for a moment maybe thinking how to make up to her then he ran after her.

"Hey Y/N wanna practise together?"

That voice brought you out of your bubble, you turn around to see the same guy who caught you trespassing in the morning.

You were surprised he knew your name.

"Sure." And you went back to practice.

After half an hour or so of practising and sweating the coach of the boy's volleyball team entered the gym along with Oikawa and Iwaizumi.

Menma came up to you and said, "Come on let's go."

"But I want to practice more," said Yua.

"We can't the boys have their practice now."

"But we came here first!"

"I know, but they are training for the nationals," said Sara.

"And what about us, are we not practising for the same thing," asked Hina.

Menma didn't know what to say. "We will practice some other time." She smiled.

But the look in her eyes said something else.

You all packed up your things and walked out of the gym. You turned your head to see that the boys have already begun with practice.

You caught a glimpse of Oikawa. He looked at you for a second and smiled. You didn't respond and left.