FROM MY HEAD TO MY HEART

Girls' night. Or Birds' Night. I was having a Birds' Night with Lily, Ali, and Mar. I don't even know what happened. One minute I was at dinner, trying not to brush against Sirius, the next I was being dragged up the staircase and wrangled into my pajamas. Literally. I never realized how strong Lily was.

Cushions littered the floor, Tux curled up in the middle, looking ecstatic at the attention Mar and Ali were showering him with. Lily patted the cushion next to her and I collapsed grumpily, accepting the mug she shoved in my direction. I took a sip and spat it out in shock. "What the hell is this? Gasoline?"

The girls giggled at her but Lily had a strange, curious look in her eye. Shaking her head, she took a sip of her own mug and winced. "Burnbon. Mar had a rough time with Firewhiskey last time so we switched. Burns twice as much as Firewhiskey plus there's no cinnamon flavor."

Huh. I hadn't told Lily my aversion to cinnamon but it seemed she picked up on it all the same. I took another sip of the Burnbon and winced. She wasn't wrong, it did burn going down but I could already feel the warmth spreading through me from one sip. I had to be careful though. I wasn't the best at keeping my mouth shut when I drank, at least when I drank wine, and the last thing I needed was the three girls knowing about my Traveling. There really was no good way to get out of this one though.

"Soooo Mads," Marlene drawled, turning our attention towards her. The blonde looked like she was going to burst with excitement. "Have you decided between your suitors yet?"

Alice giggled at the question, holding her sides. I rolled my eyes and gave Mar a raised eyebrow. "What suitors? Jamie drives away anyone who gets within 2 feet of me."

"Except for Sirius." Lily muttered into her mug. I shot her a look and she pointedly looked away innocently.

"Sirius, Remus, Regulus," Mar dramatically sighed and flung a hand against her forehead. "Fabian. Even Mary wants to date you."

"Don't be offended, Mads." Alice said sweetly. "Our lives are so dull compared to yours. Not that I'm not perfectly happy with Frank but -" Alice sighed dreamily. "It would be fun to have boys fighting over me."

"I'll trade you." I offered, taking another sip of the Burnbon. I managed to not cough as it slid down my throat. Side-eying the redhead next to me, I grinned evilly. "Besides, I thought you'd be more invested in Jily than my life. Now that is a slow burn if I ever saw one."

Marlene and Alice screeched in approval as Lily glared daggers at me. A pillow whacked me in the face, completely surprising me. Startled, my mouth dropped open at the attack. Lily pointed at me with mock anger. "Don't even start. James and I are not and never will be Jily. So get it out of your head or I'll -"

"Whack me with a pillow, again?" Grinning, I held up a hand to stop another pillow from hitting my face. "But then we'd be related! Come on, Lils! Don't you want to be my cousin-in-law?"

Her eyes narrowed. "The day I marry James is the day pigs fly."

"That can be arranged." I taunted, waving my wand in the air. A pillow smacked the wand out of my hand and I fell back with a laugh, Mar and Ali echoing with their own.

We settled down and Marlene propped her head in her hand. "You really won't give James a chance? He's quite a catch."

"You date him then." Lily shot back, grumpily drinking from her mug.