RUSH

"Ms. Rose, Mr. Potter, and Mr. Black," Professor Brogan called out over the noise of our classmates packing up. "Stay for a moment."

We glanced at each, packing our things but staying seated. Remus and Lily gave us sympathetic looks as they escaped. Once everyone else had left the room, Brogan sat on a desk closer to us. "I wanted to let you know that your detentions are going to be with Mr. Filch Monday night and Tuesday night next week. It seems there was a mold outbreak in his office and files need to be recopied by hand."

"We'll be there, Professor." James said, grabbing his bag. Sirius and I did the same but Brogan pointed at me.

"Ms. Rose, stay. Boys, you can go." Sirius and James looked between Brogan and I, clearly as uncomfortable with leaving me there alone as I was with being left alone. Brogan didn't seem to notice or care. "Go."

The door closed behind them before Brogan spoke. "I talked to Professor Dumbledore about your other punishment. He said the two of you discussed our lesson and it seems there was a misunderstanding of the reason behind my lesson."

"We did." I crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes at him slightly. "I'm still not convinced that it was an appropriate way to teach Unforgivable Curses but I...apologize for cursing at you, Professor."

"Apology accepted, Ms. Rose. The Headmaster and I also discussed that the two detentions you'll be serving next week will be sufficient. I've decided that you will be allowed to go on the Hogsmeade visits." He looked as if he was doing me a favor. Bastard. McGonagall had approved my visits days ago, he had nothing to do with it.

Grudgingly, I said. "Thank you, Professor."

"You're welcome, Ms. Rose," He flashed a smile at me, the sight made my stomach turn. Dumbledore had said that everyone got along with Brogan but there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. "But I will not tolerate any more disruptions like the other day. Next time, you will lose Hogsmeade visits. Do you understand?"

That you're a condensing shit bag? "Yes, Professor."

"Good. I'll see you next class then, Ms. Rose." I grabbed my bag and quickly escaped the room. James and Sirius were so close to the doorway that I almost ran into both of them.

"So?" James asked, looking over my shoulder to make sure Brogan hadn't followed me out.

"Hogsmeade visits are back but I have to watch my ass around Brogan," We began walking back to the tower as Sirius glared at my words.

"Brogan didn't actually use the word arse with you, did he? Cause that's gross. He's -"

"No, I was just making a point. He threatened to take Hogsmeade visits away though, so unless I want to be stuck in here while everyone else gets to run around Hogsmeade then I need to be on my best behavior." Weaving our way through the halls, it took us a few minutes to get back to the tower. Frowning, I looked between the boys on either side of me. "Do you guys like Professor Brogan?"

James ruffled his hair and thought about it for a sec. "He's better than last year's Defense teacher. And he has been pretty laid back so far. I don't not like him."

"Same. He's not Kettleburn but he's more interesting than Flitwick." Sirius glanced down at me curiously. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, there's just..." I didn't know how to describe the weird feelings I had around him. The thought of Brogan made my skin crawl. "Something off about him."