ARE WE FALLING IN LOVE

Gringotts tightens security measures after the third break in over the past two months. Sources say that the break-ins have only occurred in Pureblood vaults. No items were missing -

"Love, can you pass me the pumpkin juice?"

Looking away from the Prophet, I leaned into James a little to grab the pitcher of pumpkin juice for Sirius. We were at lunch and I was scouring the Prophet once again, seeing if anything stuck out. The break-ins at Gringotts kept catching my eye but I couldn't figure out why. Clearly whoever was breaking in was looking for something. But to break-in more than once? That seemed a little odd.

"Thanks," Sirius said, wrapping his hand around the handle below mine. A shiver shot through me at the contact. "Did you finish your Muggle Studies homework?"

"I did and no, you're not allowed to read it." I replied, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"But what if you missed something?" He leaned towards me with a pout. "I'd hate for you to get poor marks because you didn't let me proofread it."

I turned my head towards him, squinting slightly. "I'm pretty sure I know more about Muggle things than you. If anything, you're the one who probably missed something. Why don't I proofread yours to check?"

"Go ahead, it's perfect." Sirius had a satisfied smirk on his face and pulled out his homework. I took it from him and began to read it. Two sentences in and I'd already found a mistake.

"Mississippi not Michigan," I pointed at the wrong state on his paper. Huffing, he snatched it back from me and changed the word. I bit my lip, trying not to laugh. Nodding to himself, he handed it back and I finished reading it. I gave it back with a small smile. "It's good. You're a good writer, it flows really well."

He grinned back, putting the essay away for class. Then held out his hand to me. I raised my eyebrows questioningly. "Your turn."

Sighing, I rummaged in my bag and handed it over. He began reading it attentively. His lips moved as he read the paper to himself and I found myself watching him a little too long. Forcing myself to look away, I met Peter's eyes which were lingering on me. Blushing at being caught staring at Sirius, I took another bite of my sandwich and avoided Peter's gaze.

Glancing down at my watch, I realized we had to get going. The others had a free period but we were about to be late for Muggle Studies. "Sirius, we need to get to class."

He handed back my paper quickly. I shoved it in my bag and we headed out. On the way to the classroom, I nudged Sirius. "So? Did it pass your inspection?"

"It was good, love. Q will love the paragraph about Graceland. I didn't know they did tours there." The compliment gave me a little fluttery feeling followed by a terrible stomach turning feeling. SHIT. Graceland opened to the public in 1982. Fuck fuck fuck. We entered the room and I looked around the room desperately. There was no way I could cross out that paragraph without looking suspicious.

On Quirrell's desk, I saw a glass of water and had an idea. After I placed the parchment on top of Sirius' on the desk, I accidentally bumped my arm into the glass and spilled water over the entire pile of homework. "Oh, shit."

"It's alright, Ms. Rose." Turning around, I found Quirrell waving his wand. With a sinking feeling, I watched the water dry and all the homework looked like nothing had happened. Fuck me. "Just be a little more careful in the future."