Chapter 42.

Hey Guys!!!!

The 42nd chapter for the story.

I don't own Mahabharat.

Happy Reading!!

**********

-- flashback –

Today the kids rushed to the place they were supposed to meet Lord Shiva. Due a little more work, they got a little late. They were hoping that Mahadev won't grow angry on them. But then he is a Tri- Kal- Darshi, he will know right?

But when they reached the place designated for them to meet Mahakal, nobody was there.

Both the kids exchanged worried looks, did Mahadev go angry on them? He had a legendry anger, least to say the two ten- year- old's were worried.

Before they could think much about it, there was a bright flash at the foot of the magnanimous Banyan tree.
When, it was gone the kids were surprised to see some scriptures kept there. Along with it was a note.

The kids ran up to it to read it, it said.

Dear Kids,

I am sorry, I won't be able to narrate the story to you today for a reason. I have sent the scriptures that account about Devi Kathyayini, the sixth form of Nav- Durga. Read it for today.

Your Grand- dad

Shiva.

The kids exchanged surprised looks but never the less picked the scriptures and started to read it alternatively, for both of them.

Devi Kathyayini is to be depicted with four, ten, or eighteen hands. This is the second name given for Goddess Adi Parashakti in Amarakosha, the Sanskrit lexicon (Goddess Parvati names- Uma, Kathyayini, Gauri, Kali, Haimavati and Ishwari, etc.).

In Shaktism, she is associated with the fierce forms of Shakti or Durga, a Her appearance is immensely majestic and divine. She is represented with four-arms. Her upper left hand holds sword and lower left hand represents lotus-flower. Her upper right hand is in Abhaya mudra, and lower right hand is in Barmudra.

Lion is her procession. Her appearance is imagined with pink Saree wearing white rosary on her neck. Goddess Kathyayini also represents divine power for demolishing tyranny and torments of demons and giants.