Chapter 28: Together

The last morning was chaotic. 

Everyone was running around setting up for the live show and Veronica was giving her final beach hut confessional.

"In the end, I'm glad I came on the show. I discovered that I'm a lot stronger than I ever thought I could be and I really did find love, as cheesy as that sounds."

She laughed and Josh gave her a thumbs up. "Perfect. Now all you have to do is open an envelope and accept your win, easy."

Veronica grinned at him and opened the door to leave. "Can't wait."

Lucas waved at her as she walked towards him. She wrapped her arms around him. "I can't believe we're almost out of here."

"I know. I hardly slept last night, I was too excited."

They shared a lounger as they watched the assistants run around arguing over how to hang the fairy lights so it didn't cause a glare for the camera.

"I'm getting nervous."

"Why?"

She shrugged. "This show seems to always know more than we think they do. What if this is all another lie?"

"If it is, it doesn't matter because it's over and you still have the ability to do something about it. Don't forget that."

She nodded and laid back against him, enjoying the warmth of the sun and praying things would finally go their way for once.

-------------

Bobby was sitting next to Gary on the plane, waiting to take off for the live finale. He was going on and on about how excited he was to see Blake and how beautiful his Nan thought she was.

"I'm excited to take her on a proper date."

"I'm happy you finally found someone."

Someone tapped his shoulder and he turned around to see Misty.

"Is Jonno coming?"

Bobby laughed. She had seen a picture of his best friend on social media and she'd been asking about him nonstop since. "He mentioned coming in to see me this weekend."

She grinned and leaned back into her seat. "Cool."

"I'm sorry about you and Veronica, mate. I thought you two were the real thing."

Gary was snacking on the free peanuts and talking about how good Lucas would be for Veronica and how he knew Bobby would find someone. He even mentioned introducing him to his cousin.

"I'm good, thanks. I think everything will work out."

The crane operator gave him a sympathetic smile. "Staying positive is important."

----------

After having a lunch of sandwiches, the Islanders double checked that they hadn't forgotten to pack anything and then waited in the living room until they were needed.

"Can you believe this is it? It seems like just yesterday Chelsea was knocking me down."

Everyone laughed and Chelsea started talking about how nervous she had been when she first arrived.

"I actually forgot my name in my interview and vommed in a small trashcan. It was 𝘯𝘰𝘵 cute."

"That's hilarious! But why would you be nervous?"

"Oh... I just wasn't sure if people would like me."

"Chelsea, you're literally the most positive person I've ever met."