Chapter 17: Choices

"This is Blake!"

"Gary? You switched on me?" Lottie was upset.

"Lottie, I couldn't risk it. We saw you on the video." Gary looked awkward.

Lucas stood up and hugged her. "It'll be ok, Sweetheart."

"I'm really sorry that we are meeting like this Lottie. You seem like a sweet girl." Blake smiled at her.

Veronica was speechless. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆?

"Oh, Blake!! You remind me so much of Veronica!!" Chelsea ran up and hugged her then stepped back and looked her up and down. "Actually, you two look sooo much alike!! Freaky Friday!"

Veronica finally found her voice. "Well Chelsea, she probably looks a lot like me because she's my cousin."

Chelsea gasped. "What?! You mean the cousin who..."

She glared at Blake. "Why are you here!"

Seeing Veronica again made her glad she did this. "You know why."

"I can honestly say I don't."

She laughed. "You've been running around this place playing the victim. Lucas really fucked everything up for you, huh?"

Bobby looked at Lucas. His normal stance seemed to deflate. 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂𝒔? 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕?

Veronica stayed quiet.

"Are you going to tell them or should I?" Blake was smirking at her.

"Tell them what? How Travis cheated on me with you for two years? Why did you really come here? To try and 'embarrass me' or 'hurt my feelings?' I'm assuming it was you that woke up next to Bobby on the Daybeds?"

Blake narrowed her eyes. "I want you to tell them how sick you are! You're an awful person!"

Bobby stood up. "Why don't you tell her about the sleeping pills. That's pretty 𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌 if you ask me!" He handed the bottle to Veronica. "Lucas found them the next morning. I knew there was a reason I couldn't remember that night." He was glad he had a chance to show her the pills before things escalated but his head hurt trying to understand what was happening between the two girls.

"Wow." She held the bottle up. "What is wrong with you Blake?!"

She rolled her eyes and adjusted her top.

Veronica blinked at her."That's it? No explanation?" There was silence. "I don't know what you want from me."

"I want you to tell them about the baby!"

𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚? 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚? Bobby was sure that Veronica had never mentioned a baby. He would have definitely remembered that.

There were gasps and hushed whispering behind Veronica. Her voice broke. "You know about that? How?"

"Travis told me. He was so excited about it but you took that from him!" Blake was angry about the whole thing. Travis had started to get better. 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕.

"No. You don't know the whole story. The night I found you two together? I was going to leave anyway. I found out I was pregnant and knew I couldn't stay with him anymore. You both blamed me for the reason he cheated but I didn't care. I had more important things on my mind."

"You should have told him first. It wasn't fair-"

"I DID! A few days after I left, I sent him a text. Told him that at least living in a nightmare with him had given me something good. He was immediately pissed off. I told him I didn't want anything from him except to be left alone. I'm guessing the story you heard was different. I didn't do anything. He attacked me and I lost the baby! Because of him! How dare you believe anything else!"