Chapter 13: Friends?

"I understand Jakub taking Veronica on a date because she's single now but Hope? That's just weird."

Noah stepped in, "Just because Veronica and Bobby got into a disagreement last night doesn't mean anything. Besides, taking her out on a date right after it happened is really disrespectful."

"Disagreement? Mate, he broke up with her."

Bobby rolled his eyes, "I'm right here you know? I can hear everything you're saying."

Henrik shrugged his shoulders, "Still happened. She's fair game."

Lucas saw Bobby getting pissed. He decided to step in, "Hey. Lots of things were said last night. Doesn't mean any of it is set in stone."

Gary scoffed at that, "Says the guy who kissed her."

"It was innocent."

"Right."

"Enough of this. You guys are worse than the girls sometimes." Noah shook his head. "Who do we think Jakub really likes?"

"Veronica."

"Definitely Veronica."

Bobby sighed, "Yeah I agree with that."

Noah wasn't so sure, "Well I think he just wants to shake things up. He chose Hope who has obviously been with me since day one and then making Veronica and Lottie choose who wanted to go? That's just weird. If he really liked Veronica why not just pick her?"

"I agree. He's just trying to push people's buttons." Lucas couldn't imagine any of the girls actually liking Jakub.

"Hey boys! How's it going?" Veronica had joined them without their knowledge.

Bobby started to say 'hey beautiful' and kiss her but remembered that she wasn't his anymore. 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕.

Lucas hugged her, "Hey, so we're all dying to know how your date went."

Bobby glared at him. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈?

She decided to keep it vague, "I've had worse. I don't think he's Hope's type though so you're safe, Noah." She smiled.

"Hear that Noah? Worried about nothing." Bobby just wanted to talk to her again, even if it was about her date with someone else.

She gave him a sad look, "Actually, I need to talk to you Bobby. If you have time?"

"I always have time for a friend."

Lucas raised an eyebrow and mouthed, 'Friend?' Bobby just shrugged his shoulders.

Veronica was a bit shocked at that but recovered quickly, "Ok great. Beanbags?"

He smiled, "Beanbags."

As soon as they set down Veronica started talking.

"So I think it's important that we still remain friends. I don't want it to be awkward especially around the others. It's no one's fault that we didn't work out but this is where we are now." She crossed her arms.

Bobby had mixed emotions. He was glad she still wanted to talk to him but just friends? She was part of him now. He didn't think he could handle it but if that's what she wanted then he'd do it for her."That sounds great to me. We have a connection so why not just enjoy our time left in here having fun, right?"

"Exactly! I'm so glad you get it! We can still be in our couple right?" She was pretending to be happy but it hurt that he was so ok with it.

"Of course. That was the original plan."
𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒌𝒆.