-14-

I looked at Tadashi my hand over my mouth in shock at what he just said. I turned to Kei as he spoke. "Yea... I'm sorry." He said as he turned around and walked away. I looked back at Yams now angry. "You really didn't have to lash out and say it like that." "How would you have wanted me to say it, Sho?" He said, clearly annoyed. "Any other way! You could have told him any.other.way." His gaze fell from mine as he stared at the floor. "It- it was the only way he would have understood." I scoffed at his answer. I mumbled a "whatever" and left to go find Kei. I found him in a room backstage just sitting on a chair, knees pressed tightly against his chest with his head rested on his knees. "Hey Kei, are you okay?" I asked, genuinely worried. He answered with a simple "I'm fine" No emotion in his voice, nor on his face. He didn't even look up at me. But I knew anyone who says their fine is never actually fine. Everyone knows that.

"You don't look fine." I pressed. He looked at me in annoyance, "I said I'm fine!" He said loudly. "Well, I can see that you're not, so stop lying. I just thought that maybe I would try and comfort you or-" He cut me off and stood up so quickly it looked like he teleported. Now we were standing face to face, him towering over me because of our size difference. "No! I don't want you to comfort me, Hinata!" I was confused because usually we would always look for comfort in each other when we were down. "I'm sorry, I just-" I was once again cut off. "I wouldn't need comforting at all if I hadn't come here in the first place!" He spat out. I could tell how angry he was by the aggression in his voice. I just didn't understand why he was taking out on me. I took a step back from him, widening the distance between us slightly. "But..." I laughed slightly, and furrowed my brows while shaking my head trying to understand what was going on. "But you wanted to come. You even said so yourself." I spoke with certainty. He balled up his fists and scrunched his nose, "NO, I DIDN'T." I flinched at the volume and sheer anger in his voice. "I only came because you wanted me too!" He spat putting emphasis on the word "you" as he took a step towards me pointing his finger at my chest. His tone alone made me shake in fear. All of my worries were soon becoming a reality the more he spoke. He only came out of pity. I forced him to come. "Do you seriously believe that I want to be around you all the time? No. The only reason I've stuck around is because I know that if I left, you wouldn't have anyone else!" Those words he yelled so passionately put me in tears. I knew it. I knew it. I fucking knew it. Hinata you're a fucking idiot for getting your hopes up. You seriously thought he would stay, huh? I thought to myself. I laughed at my idiocy and turned around without saying a word and started walking away. I knew he would leave just like all the rest, but yet I still wasn't prepared. I mean I should be used to it by now, so why am I crying?

"No... Wait." Keep walking. "Hinata wait." Keep walking. "Where are you going?" Keep walking. "Please just- just wait!" He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. He looked me in my eyes."Shoyo I'm sorry. Please... I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of it." I could hear the plea in his tone, but I was unfazed by his apology, "It's fine. The damage is done." I pushed away from him. His arms fell beside him as tears gathered at the brim of his eyes. I turned around once more and continued walking. I stopped and glanced back at him, I thought he would be different. "Please..."

"Everyone says what they really think when their mad Kei. It's fine."