7- Y/N

I was waiting for Howl to come and teach me a new spell. He had told me to wait outside for him after I was done with my breakfast. A week had a passed since Howl had started teaching me the spells. He too would stand and help me while I practiced a new spell each day, and I had even had a normal conversation with him a few times. After spending a few days with Howl, I had realized that he really wasn’t a bad person just like Calcifer had told me. He was kind and caring. When I had first come here, and when he hadn’t shown up for days on end, I had assumed that he hadn’t liked me staying at his home. But it wasn’t like that at all. These past few days Howl had been really kind towards me. He even tolerated me when I couldn’t get one of the spells right.

I continued with these thoughts until I felt a presence near me. I looked beside me and it was Howl. “Nice weather isn’t it, Y/N?” he asked me. His voice was soft, yet deep, perhaps even deeper than the ocean. I looked at his face to see him smiling. I smiled a little too and nodded, as I took in the breath taking view of the lush green valley before us. The valley was surrounded by green mountains, and Howl’s castle was perched on top of one of these. I had never seen a place more beautiful and peaceful than this.
“This place is very beautiful,” I spoke to him. He smiled. We stood there in a comfortable silence, both forgetting what our real intention of coming outside was. “Howl, can I ask you something?” He kept looking forward. “Go on, Y/N,” his soft voice spoke. “Why did you tell Calcifer to move the castle here?” He turned to me and smiled. “Y/N, that is a topic we must talk on some other day. Right now, we have to focus on the new spell,” he told me. I didn’t know what to say. He had evaded the question with no difficulty. “I’ll tell you that when the time comes, okay?” I studied him for a moment before nodding. “Now then, where did we leave yesterday?”

The rest of the day passed by, as I learnt a harder a spell. I didn’t take any breaks in between and continued going on. Howl helped me a lot with the spell. I was frustrated at first. Howl could do it so easily. He just moved his hand and poof! Whereas for me, it took a lot of time to master. By evening I had finally developed a perfect stance and hand position and I could do the spell better than I could this morning. I wanted to practice more until I could do it perfectly but Howl stopped me. “Y/n, take a break now. It’s almost dark. You can’t over work yourself with this type of magic. You need proper rest in order to master the spell. If you tire your body out, you won’t be able to perform the spell. Now, we are going to go inside, eat, and then rest. And that’s an order,” Howl told me in his deep voice. I couldn’t help but nod. His voice was so soft, yet it was deep and worked its way like magic. I wondered how howl could do that.
Slowly, we made our way inside. I slumped myself on the couch as soon as we entered, and closed my eyes. I hadn’t realized it but I was really tired. I just wanted to sleep, but a voice disturbed me. “Y/N, get up, you need to eat.” It was Howl. I just groaned in response. “Come here, I’ll eat with you so you don’t feel lonely,” he said. “Howl, go eat by yourself,” I told him. I felt someone sit beside me. I groaned again, sitting properly, and opened my eyes. “What?” “I told you to come eat, Y/N,” he told me. I slumped back on the couch and closed my eyes again. And before I knew it, Howl was picking me up bridle style and going towards the table. He placed me gently on the chair, as he sat on the one beside me.

“Now, eat up,” he commanded.
 “But I’m not hungry, Howl,” I whined. “I won’t be teaching you from tomorrow onwards then,” he spoke seriously. I just rolled my eyes, but admittedly his actions had moved me. He really did care enough to even eat with me and force me to eat. I smiled inwardly, as I sat up straight to eat. “That’s my girl,” Howl spoke softly, as he saw me eating. My heart fluttered a little at his remark. But I brushed it off. I just wanted to eat and then snuggle on the warm couch. After we were done eating, I took the dirty dishes to the sink. I was about to wash them but I felt a hand on my shoulder. “I’ll do them today. Go, rest.” It was Howl interrupting me once again. I turned to him. He was smiling. “But are you sure?” I asked him. He smiled and nodded. “Yes, I’m very sure.” I nodded and made my way to the couch. I draped the cream color blanket over me and made myself comfortable on my couch. I looked at Howl. He was doing the dishes gracefully. His eyes were focused on the task at hand. A smile found its way on my lips as I saw him struggling a little with the tap. His long, slender, fingers tried their best to open the tap but couldn’t due to the large amount of soap on his hands. He pouted a little and I smiled wider.
I left my cozy bed and went over to him. I opened the tap for him. He looked a little embarrassed and I laughed lightly. A pout formed on his beautiful lips again, as he saw me laughing. “What’s so funny, Y/N?” he asked me. “The way you were struggling with the tap for the past minute-” And I started laughing again when I saw the pink shade on his cheeks. “Howl, you’re embarrassed!” he looked away and pouted. “I should have let you do the dishes after all!” he exclaimed. I nodded a little.

“You’re too elegant for doing dishes, Howl.” I blurted out. I slapped a hand over my mouth as I realized I had called him elegant. He put the plate down and inched closer to me until we were face to face. “Oh, so you think I’m elegant, Y/N?” he asked me in a deep voice. How could this man go from being all embarrassed and cute to the total opposite in just a matter of seconds? “Umm, Howl, you’re too close?” was all I squeaked out in the moment. The way his eyes looked at me, his deep voice and our close proximity, made me embarrassed.

“Look who’s embarrassed now!!!” Howl exclaimed loudly and moved away from me. I released a breath I didn’t know I had been holding. Howl laughed at me. “Look at you!” he chuckled. I was the one to look away this time. Howl chuckled once more. “Go to bed, Y/N,” he ordered me. I just nodded and went back to my couch. I snuggled in my blanket once more, as I watched Howl. He was done after a few minutes. He came over to the couch and stood beside me. “What?” I asked him softly. He shook his head. “Oh, nothing, I’ll assume you finished the book I gave you.” I nodded. “I’ll bring you another one from my room.” And with that he walked up the stairs.

I stayed inside my blanket, not speaking a word. Calcifer shifted a little beside me. I looked at him. The orange fire looked so peaceful, despite his fiery nature. I kept staring at Calcifer as I started drifting off to sleep. As soon as my eyes had closed, Howl’s voice woke me up. What was with him? This was the second time he had disturbed me in just an hour. “Here you go, I brought this for you,” he said. His voice was smooth and soft; perhaps the softest voice I had ever heard and it made me feel evermore sleepy. I took the book from him. “Thankyou for this, Howl,” I told him. His expression changed for the quarter of a moment and was replaced by something else, but it was gone as soon as it had appeared. “Have fun with this one. It’s even more interesting that the last one,” he told me in his soft voice once again. I nodded. Howl then smiled and crouched down to my level. He smiled and ruffled my hair. “Sleep now,” he told me, and then kissed my forehead. I was speechless. He then stood straight again and turned around to leave. “Night, Y/N,” he said, as he left me alone to my thoughts. 

.....................................................

A/N How's this part??? I, personally think i wrote a comparatively cute part, what do you guys think??
Do let me know in the conments