3- Y/N

“Howl hasn’t come out of that door for three days,” I said, as I made my way to the couch, which I and Markl had moved to the fire place earlier, since now I had to sit somewhere as well. “Don’t worry, Y/N, he’ll be fine,” Markl told me, as he jumped on the couch and laid down on it. Oh, I’m not worried about him at all. “But doesn’t he need to eat?” I asked, trying to sound concerned. “Y/N, master Howl will be fine. Just trust us,” Markl said, assuring me.

“Should I go see him? What is he’s dead? Don’t you guys want to make sure your master is okay?” I asked them, not wanting him to be dead. “Y/N, he’s not dead,” Calcifer spoke. “And how can you be so sure?” “Y/N, Howl and I are in a contract or spell. If he dies so do I and vice versa. So I know what I’m saying.” I just made an ‘o’ with my mouth.

“But still, I’m gonna go and check up on him,” I said getting up. “Y/N, just let him be, when he’s ready he’ll come out,” Calcifer told me in a threatening and extremely serious voice. “You may have gotten close to us over the past few days, but Howl doesn’t like his boundaries being crossed by someone. Not even us. Who knows what he may do to you if you cross your limits,” Calcifer said. That was enough to scare me. I sat down. I didn’t care for Howl enough to get turned into some creature or animal or be pulverized by him. I didn’t care for him at all.

“I’m going to sleep now,” Markl said after a minute. I nodded. He got up from the soft carmine couch and made his way to the stairs. “Goodnight Y/N, Calcifer,” he said looking over at us. I nodded at him. “Night,” Calcifer said, and Markl went to his room upstairs. I sighed once the fire demon and I were alone. I kept looking at Calcifer and the orange-yellow fire kept looking back at me. His eyes slowly started shutting. I still kept looking at him. I had never seen a fire demon before Calcifer.

When I first came here, Calcifer was cold to me. But soon, I found out that he had a soft side and that he was just being careful and had his guard up, to protect the castle and its two residents besides him. Calcifer looked cold but he was eventually convinced that I was not an evil witch and that I wasn’t going to hurt Howl or Markl. He had even been affectionate a few times towards me, but had later denied it when I mentioned it.

If I was being completely honest, I’d say that it wasn’t too bad living with Howl and his family. I had barely seen the wizard himself but the demon and the seven year old boy really did make me feel at home. Howl’s castle may look like a piece of junk on the outside, but on the inside it was warm and homey.

But all of that aside, I wasn’t just going to live here all of my life. I had a resolve. While staying here, maybe I could ask Howl to help me with magic. Well, I knew a lot already but to beat those bastards, I would need more power and more expertise in magic. Howl may not like me and I not him, but I was still living in his home and maybe he would help me. I had already decided to ask Howl to be my master. The only thing left now was for Howl to come out of his room. I wasn’t really a fan of asking him to teach me, since he was already doing so much by letting me live in his house, but asking once wouldn’t hurt right? Maybe he’d agree and help me, or maybe he’d just pulverize me. In any case, I needed to learn more magic, and I didn’t know any other wizard or witch who’d let me stay at their place and teach me.

Speaking of Howl, I wasn’t completely sure if he was being nice to me or not. He had let me stay at his home, but since then, all he did was just stay either out or completely shut inside that room of his. This led me to believe that he really didn’t like me. People usually avoided other people when they didn’t like them, right? I was grateful that he let me stay at his home. But, his perfection annoyed me. The first day I met him, he was just so perfect, he looked fake. That fact annoyed me.