Chapter 11

Rosemary's POV

I follow Mrs. Scott around the house, to the huge garden in the backyard.

"I'm sorry for my son's behavior" She says as she continues walking.

"It's not your fault." I say looking around.

She turns around sitting on a little bench in front of a rose bush . My favorite.

"He wasn't raised that way. Even though we have been very successful doesn't mean we treat others differently."

"Seems the richer you are here the more you have."

"That's common logic... but also money doesn't buy happiness."

"It gets you things that will make you happy doesn't it?"

She half smiles at me. "I suppose so, yes".

A moment of silence consumes us...

"We thought them just because you have money doesn't mean you are higher then anyone who is well off.That our luck & success doesn't discriminate between anyone else who is lucky & successful with what they have."

"That's really wise."

"Looks like we weren't very clear on it, otherwise he wouldn't have been treating you like this. He lost his way, all the second chances & money got to him. That all this can easily be taken away." She says looking down.

I look down at her, she reminded me of my mother, we just come from different lifestyles, different struggles. We surviving off what we have & what we need, happy with that not knowing any different. While they tried to shield them of having to much especially when it comes to people who have so little.

"It's not your fault he uses y'all's family name like that."

She looks up at me. "Oh darling, you're to pure for this world. Please do me one favor would you?"

What could I do?
"Yes ma'am."

"Be patient with Justin please.He will come around."

Seriously??

I slightly frown, wanting to tell her no, that her son is crazy, but I know it's not right, I wasn't raised like that

I half smile at her, "Yes ma'am."

She smiles at me, "Thank you, let's go back inside yeah? I think the tension is finally shimmered."

"okay..."

I follow her back inside.