The Affair [boyxboy]

Ch-Ch-Ching.

                The sound of wind chimes penetrated my ears, pulling me out of my peaceful sleep. My eyes cracked open slightly, and I saw the sunlight peaking in through the window.

                I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and rolled over, determined to fall back asleep. I pulled the warm covers up to my chin.

                Ching-Ching-Ch-Ching.

                Apparently the stupid wind chimes hated my precious sleep. I forced my eyes open and slowly got out of the comfortable bed.

                I staggered over to the open window and peeked out. The wind chimes were too far away for me to bring the damn things into the house so they’d stop making noise.

                Instead, I pulled the window shut and drew the blinds. The room was swallowed into a light darkness, and I managed my way back to the bed.

                I crawled under the covers and once again pulled them up to my chin. I shut my eyes, hoping that now I could finally fall back to sleep.

                A cold hand touched my back and I jumped in shock and let out a slight yelp. I groaned and rolled over, forcing my eyes open yet again.

                “Can’t a guy sleep around here?” I grumbled.

                Blake grinned at me and shook his head slowly. He gently stroked the side of my face and leaned in, pecking my lips.

                “Sorry. No can do,” he said. “You woke me up getting out of bed. So I can’t have you falling back to sleep while I’m still awake.”

                “I only woke up because of those stupid wind chimes! How did they not wake you up?!” I whined.

                Blake chuckled and shrugged. “My mom always puts them out. I’m just used to sleeping through them, I guess.”

                “I have a place your mom can put her stupid wind chimes,” I said, pouting.

                “Next time I’ll be sure to close the window,” Blake promised with an amused smile.

                “Yea, you better,” I growled.

                “Aw, don’t be in such a bad mood. I’m sorry the wind chimes woke you up,” Blake said, laughing a little.

                “Well how can I slip into a good mood when you’re laughing at me like this?!” I asked, pouting at him.

                “You’re so cute when you pout,” Blake said, leaning forward and kissing me gently.

                “I’m cute all the time,” I said with a smug grin.

                I snaked my arms around Blake’s waist and pulled his body to mine. He rested his head on my bare chest and I pulled a hand free, raking it through his hair softly.

                I kissed Blake’s forehead and smiled at him softly. “I hope you’re not falling asleep Blake,” I said jokingly.

                “Now there’s the good mood I like,” he said, wrapping his arms around me and letting his eyes close.

                We sat like that for a while, content in our position. I continued to play with Blake’s hair. I knew he loved when I did that.