Chapter - 33

Sanskar went back without any word.

Swara kept on staring at his back.

He was silent over their dinner as well engrossed in his thoughts.

"How is it Sanskar?"

"Hmm?"

"Lasagna? I tried it first time."

"Oh this is amazing."

'Shit! She made it for me and I am acting like a jerk.' He shook his head.

"No you are not." She pressed her lips.

"Sorry?"

"Ahh nothing" she nodded her head in denial.

Swara initiated some casual topic for discussion to bring back his cheering mood.

"Sanskar its been 15 days, I have applied for Ma and Papa's visa. Still no news." She diverted topic of their discussion.

"It takes time Swara. And as it is, Xmas holidays are going on so most of people will be on vacations."

"Ohh yes. Also, there is no news from Roger for any apartment. How many days I can stay here?" She observed his facial expressions.

"Why are you worrying about it? You can stay here as much as you want" he could not match his eyes with her narrowed ones.

'Do you want me to stay here Sanskar?'

'Why she always talk about leaving me alone?' he started playing with food.

'How can I stay here Sanskar? Do I have any right to stay here?' She blinked her eyelashes to push back tears.

Swara changed their topic of discussion. In her bubbly talks he forgot about his recent pain.

It was new year's eve, Swara was getting ready when Sanskar knocked on the room door.

"Are you ready Swara?"

"Just 2 minutes Sanskar"

"Ok. Come down. I am downstairs."

Swara came down to living room but it was dark.

"Sanskar"

"Sanskar where are you?" She was not able to see him.

"Sanskar you know I am scared of darkness."

She felt one palm closing her eyes from back. His feathery touch passed shudders down her spine.

"Sanskar" she barely mumbled his name.

"Shh. Just trust me and walk along."

She nodded her head but her heart was running with jet speed.

They walked few steps and then Sanskar removed his hand.

"Open you eyes Frozen." He whispered in her ears.

His hot breath over her neck gave goosebumps to her stomach.

She opened her eyes to see big Xmas tree of white colour decorated with red and green ornaments. Whole living room area was decorated with candle lights.

"This is so beautiful"

"Not more than you" his voice from back made her turn.

She turned to look at him. He was dressed in black formal shirt with jeans paired with off-white semi formal jacket.

When she turned he couldn't take off his eyes from her serene face. She was dressed in simple yellow coloured Kurti and red leggings.

"So ready for new years party?" He broke their eye lock raising his palm in front of her.