Chapter - 26

Next weekend came within a blink. It was decided, Swara and Sanskar to go to Granny's house on Friday from there, they would leave for Tobermory. It was 3 hours' drive from Granny's home.

"Are you ready Granny?" Sanskar asked entering in her room.

"Are you asking this Sanskar? Mrs. Maheshwari is ready from morning itself." Julia replied on behalf of Granny.

Granny flashed her bright smile.

"Granny, see I told you, you will look great in this." Once they had decided to go on trip. Swara had purchased nice long gown for Granny through online shopping.

"You are looking ravishing" Swara teased, while hugging her.

"Lier. You are looking ravishing. Ask your husband his eyes are not moving from your face." Granny teased but passed corner look to her grandson who was secretly admiring Swara's antics.

True, his eyes were not moving from her face today.

It was not new for him to see her in western cloths. Her regular professional attire in office used to be like formal pants and light-coloured or shirts tops whereas when she was with him on weekend she used to mostly dress up in kurtas and leggings.

But today, she was wearing knee length dress which was gifted to her by Julia on her birthday. It was simple wine-coloured dress with white floral designs, but it was taking her husband's breath away.

Swara turned to him swiftly who looked everywhere but not at her.

"We will get late. I think we should leave." He avoided her gaze and pushed Granny's wheelchair.

Swara narrowed her eyes looking at his flushed face.

Swara and Julia pulled pull overs of Granny.

"Julia Aunty, you had packed everything right? Granny's medicines, her tonics, her protein shake..."

"Yes Swara, I have personally checked list two times which you have given to me."

They both started following Sanskar who had small smile hearing their conversation. Daily he used to get updates from his Granny about the planning his wife was doing for this trip.

"Julia Aunty did you pack the fruits?"

"Swara we are not going on any no man's land. If we forget it, we can buy it there." Sanskar rolled his eyes.

"Come on let's go. You guys are so lazy." Granny cried as usual.

They came outside and Sanskar started helping Granny to sit on back seat.

"Granny should sit at front. It will be convenient for her." Swara interrupted.

"No No No... I don't want to sit there. It's your place."

"But Granny?"

"Swara, I don't want to be Kabab me Haddi?" she was stubborn in her own ways.

"She will not listen" Sanskar whispered indicating her to take front passenger seat.

Soon they were on the roads, Sanskar was on driving wheels, Swara was beside him whereas Granny and Julia were on back seat.

Another car was following their's with one doctor and nurse.

Despite, Sanskar and Julia were not understanding most of the meaning of old Hindi songs, they both were enjoying the melodies played on car's audio and more than audio, it was Swara and Granny's humming's.

"Udati Banu Panchi banu mast gaganme aaj me aazaad hun duniya is dagar se" Granny was humming along with song.

She was not alone but Swara was also humming the song with small smile.