Chapter - 9

Swara looked upwards after taking deep breath. She knocked on the glass door. "May I come in Sir"

"Yes, come in" she took a step when cold voice landed on her ears.

She entered inside to see Sanskar hitting his MacBook with his long artistic fingers.

Swara bit her lower lip not understanding what to do next. 'Should I disturbed him, or should I keep quite?'

"You don't have full day Ms. Mehra."

'He and his sarcastic replies. Kanhaji... please rot him in hell for his full life'

Swara connected her Mac with Smart TV and explained about the changes they discussed on last Friday.

"Sir as we discussed on last Friday, there would be 3 inches of height extension for foundation ..." And there Swara went on. She explained all changes professionally.

Sanskar neither interrupted her in middle nor moved his gaze from TV screen. Swara mentally thanked her Kanhaji for his professionalism in office.

Sanskar proposed couple of changes for which Swara instantly took a note.

"May I come in Sir" Mike asked interrupting.

"Yes Mike"

"Sir you have meeting with Rickson's management for deal finalisation at 11 in board meeting room 6A" Mike informed.

"Yes, I will be there in 10 minutes. Double check all arrangements." He ordered as usual.

After quick nod Mike left from his cabin.

"Any other suggestions Sir" Swara enquired.

"Nothing for now. Get those changes and let's discuss tomorrow" he responded not moving his gaze from Mac.

"Sure Sir." Swara nodded leaving deep sigh and turned to go out.

'Beep' Sound indicate Swara about new message. She looked at notification it was for shared contact number.

"Granny's number. She wants to talk to you"

Swara turned abruptly hearing him.

"Hmm" Swara could barely hummed.

"Be careful. She is thinking you are in my penthouse. She doesn't know you are working in my office" He kept on focusing on his Mac Screen.

"I will give her call" Swara mumbled and left without another word.

Once she was out, Sanskar turned his gaze towards closed door. Meeting alert notification beep broke his revere. He shook his head and concentrated back on his work.

Over the week there was no change in routine of Swara and Sanskar. Every day used to start with quick phone call to her parents and sometimes Nikhil, then she used to come to office with Ayesha and then at 10:30 she used to update Sanskar about the progress also taking notes for his suggested changes. Every day she used to get a call from Granny, and they both used to talks sharing about their daily routines.

Sanskar realised one thing over the days, that Swara was an intelligent as well as hardworking girl, whereas for Swara, she was thankful that he kept all their conversations strictly professional. He was demanding, aggressive and strict about his work and Swara enjoyed these challenges thrown on her by her contract husband everyday. These challenges helped her to gain additional knowledge about her profession.

But as every weekday passed her mind was trying to figure out for any cooked up story, she needed to give this time to her roommates.

"Hey Swara, it's 6. When are we leaving?" Ayesha asked her over call.