Star Filled Tears

Just a quick recap:

"What do you want Rowan?" Mistake. Hearing his name from my mouth seemed to excite him more. I didn't want that at all. I tried to keep my face expressionless as I handed him the cake. "Take this and leave Rowan."

His smile didn't falter as he did exactly as I said, but he did pause at the door. And in a light tone said, "You look quite alluring in that dress Renee. Please, be careful in this beautiful...dark town."

Then he was gone.

'How cryptic' Rere says.

How strange, I correct her. To be warned of dangers by a dangerous man. But it was still a warning, this town has something going on. And if each twenty four hours I've been here wasn't a sign then I'm not sure what could happen next to be a wake up call. Just where the hell did we move to?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You kids really out did yourselves today," Dad stood next to Mom behind the counter. Now it was about an hour after closing time and I'm relieved to say that no more weird business went down here at Little Delights.

Ever since he walked through the door I've been wondering about Rowan's dark warning of the town. Since day one, or rather night one, wierd shit has happened left and right. I would love to blame karma for the past few days of my life but my heart as well as my head is telling me this town is a whole 'nother ball game. A game I should sit out in the bleachers for.

While that was at the forefront of my mind I couldn't help but wonder what Miranda and Lorelai were up to. I know I didn't invite them outright but a part of me had assumed that they would have shown up and congratulate my parents. My disappointment was visible and because of that I had to reassure Mom and Dad that I was fine. Which was hard to do seeing as Dylan's two new best friends came into the shop to give him a high five, after teasing him about about working in 'a girls store'.

"I saved us a strawberry short cake, truthfully I would have given it to you good job or bad," Mom held up the wrapped cake and winked at us. Maddy and the dynamic duo jumped up and down shouting. Dylan held his hand out for me to high five, which I gladly did.

The Littles do love their sweets.

With the announcement of cake my mood brightening considerably, so I decided that Miranda and Lorelai must have been busy. Besides, there's plenty of time for them to come visit any other day.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Freshly showered and bellies full, Maddy and I were in our room relaxing. I was laying backwards on my bed playing Maddy's cooking mama on her DS while she preoccupied herself with my hair.

Seems like a fair trade.

Mama made her way onto my stomach, the action made me feel like the food I ate would come back up but I ignored it, too lazy to push her off. The feeling of Maddy's fingers combing through my hair brought a feeling of contentment I wasn't willing to end. And it was like this for several minutes more until Maddy asked a question:

"Can I have green hair?"

I busted out laughing at both the question and the color. Mama yelped, hopping of my stomach and onto my pillow, all the while not holding back the irritated look. I put the DS down and stared up at Maddy who looked confused by my outburst. Thinking of wild, crazy-haired Madison with green hair was maybe one of the most hilarious things I could have pictured.