I'm Batman

No more midterms!

Please ENJOY

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you ever found yourself in a situation like this I can tell you that there was only one way out of it. Which was to never be in it in the first place.

Or to, you know, run like hell.

Something I wasn't doing.

No, I was just standing there trying to get a better look at the glaring blue eyes, that were practically glowing, from under Dylan's hood.

And by the direction of said glare I would say they knew I was there. The snap was barely audible and yet they still heard it as well as where it sounded. All I heard was the rain beating down on us, and my heart threatening to thump thump thump! right out of my chest and make a run for it if I didn't soon.

I think it was the staring that snapped me out of it, that got me running. It was unnerving how they were just watching me, not giving any hints away of what was to come or silent warnings. Get lost? Shocked they had been caught? I didn't know and I didn't care. I just ran.

I only made it three steps before the impact came, knocking the breath out of me. I went face first into the mud, struggling to breathe with such a heavy body on top of me. Trapped under him there wasn't much I could do but wait for his next move. My lungs were starting to burn making my chest heavy from the lack of air. This wasn't good, I felt like a lone jenga block supporting stack upon stack of bricks.

I wanted to scream 'get off' but something was telling me that keeping my big mouth shut was a good idea. Just when I thought I was going to pass out I heard someone say something and the weight was gone. Shortly after a large hand gripped my wrist painfully, forcing me up on my feet, and shook me violently.

Maybe if my brain had not been deprived of oxygen I would've been able to understand what he was shouting. The hood covered most of my face and what wasn't covered the mud made up for it. By now it was clear that I wasn't going to get out of his hold. And desperate times call for desperate measures.

Now I wasn't going to lie and say I didn't enjoy this.

With unsteady hands I gripped both his elbows, and, as hard as I could, brought my knee up between his legs. He immediately let go of me with a painful intake of air and fell to his knees.

God must be a girl.

Normally I would stick around and crush some more pride but I didn't exactly have a death wish.

Though the laughter made it easier to not look back as I ran away. I made it further this time, I could see one of the tall rides peaking above the trees, when I heard crashing footfalls close behind. Panicking, I slid my right arm from the hoodie sleeve and slid it down until I reached my thigh. It took a couple of attempts before I managed to get a knife out.

Calm. You have to be calm. Calm, calm, calm.

But I couldn't calm down. What sane person would be calm right now?

'Did you just call yourself sane?'

I'm about to get murdered dammit! You're really not helping.

Call me crazy, really, but I swear I could feel a light brush against my neck. Not taking any chances I spun around and threw the knife.

  Thunk!

I stared in shock as much as horror. I had missed and the stranger was merely two feet away. His eyes were not as vibrant as before, if they really ever were, but since I could see the whites of his eyes I think he was shocked too. Slowly, he reached up to touch his left cheek and made a low sound in his throat.