Lovely Surprises

Now that the fall semester is winding down I can focus more on my stories. College seems to be my excuse for everything these days

SO SORRY!!

And now, long over due, ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Recap~

"Slowly Ian, please," It really worried me. He slowed down almost instantly, though there was blue icing all over his nose and mouth.

I was about to wipe it off when I noticed Ian seemed distracted and upset as he tilted his head back and...sniffed. "He's here," He whispered so quietly I was surprised I heard.

"Oh? You're dad?" I looked to the door as the bell rang. A figure stood out of place in the doorway, looking around the shop in confusion. Then his attention snapped to us and I lost myself for a second. Because when those eyes locked on me they burned with hate.

"Shane?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 He didn't say anything as he marched over to us, looming over me with a menacing air of anger. Even with the counter between us as a barrier I felt the need to run and hide under a rock. Shane was the last person that I expected to show up at my shop. Mainly because I just couldn't see him as a sweets kind of guy.

Shane looked me straight in the eyes for a moment before that dark gaze switch to Ian. Ian flinched and looked down at his toes in silence, tilting his head away from Shane. I was about to yell at him when I noticed Ian's bottom lip tremble, but faster than I could blink, Shane snatched Ian by his forearm and yanked him down from the counter. What was left of the cookie monster cupcake fell onto the floor, smearing it in blue icing.

I'm going to have to clean that!

While that was my first thought, it didn't last long once I quickly registered how roughly Shane had just handled Ian. He was looking at the cupcake in sadness. My attention went back to Shane,"What the hell is your problem?"

Shane bared his teeth at me,"What are you doing with my brother?"

I reared back in pure shock. Blinked, opened my mouth to say something only to let it hang open. Shane looked me over in annoyance, when his eyes widened, only slightly, I knew that he finally noticed my dress. And when I noticed that he noticed, I was able to get words out my mouth. I went around the counter and got as close as  dared to the angry guy in front of me.

"I'm taking care of him. This is the second time that Ian has came to me looking like some wild child." There was no way I would've been able to figure this new development out. But with everyone supposedly 'watching' him before maybe I should have considered it. Shane didn't respond yet continued to watch me in an unnerving way. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up at the intensity his gaze was becoming. I snapped,"What?"

He blinked slowly and looked down to Ian."Don't go around her anymore, do you understand?"

Ian was about to nod before I cut in, feeling insulted by his comment. I looked Shane in the eye as I said, "Ian, you can come visit me whenever you want."

Alright Renee, I think right about now is a great time to shut that big mouth of yours. Judging by the way his nose flared just now could possibly be the first, or final, warning to the wrath of Shane. But there was no way I was backing down, Ian deserved better treatment than that.