Four - Stay or risk

Everything's normal, it's just that his eyes seem a little gloomy.

As if I have offended him.

......

It was a narrow tunnel, a long one. We just walked through it one by one in line, and for about twenty minutes we haven't reach the end of it. 

"Nothing else except a long way down, how long did that Wang dug this tunnel? " Pangzi was the first one who started to grumble.

"Maybe is not about the length." Xie Yuchen murmured. 

"Master Xie, we found something!" Shouted the pathfinder the way ahead.

"What is it?"

"A picture, carved on the wall, but we can't understand what is drawn." I followed that person's gaze, the picture came into my sight, a bunch of drawing, which looks like people, but it's not. Human upper body, with a tail-thing. They seems like kneel on the ground, a posture of worship towards the sky.

The more we move forward, the more complicated the depiction on the wall becomes. From the beginning, the simple stick man have gradually evolved into with clothes. Later, they have been portrayed very carefully, and a lot of details can be found on a closer look.

"Naga." Poker face said as his eyes glanced towards me. I was a little puzzled, but ignored that.

"Naga? The half human, half snake being?" Wang Meng asked. Hei Xiazi answered, "Um, snakes are gods to certain races, the Western Queen Motherland is one of the example. To them, humans and snakes are even more like the emperor's existence. But it's a little weird to appear here."

Standing on the side, Xie Yuchen began to tell the saying that Naga were annihilated more than two thousand years ago. At that time, Wang Zanghai did not exist.

"Not to mention how he knew about the existence of Naga. There are rumors that Naga are accompanied by poisonous blood. If the blood is exposed, any living things within three meters will die in just two minutes.

Poisonous snake represents the great evil in Feng Shui. Wang Zanghai will not carve this in his tomb."

'He is to commemorate a person.'

"He is to commemorate a person."I unconsciously followed the voice in my head and murmured.

"What?"

I pulled my gaze back from the wall, only realised that everyone was looking at me. "Nothing."

Poker face didn't say anything, but I bet he must have heard what I'm talking about, and I'm not surprised, his ears were so good that he'd catch even a small voice.

What bothers me was the sound in my mind, there's an inexplicable sense of familiarity. There were Naga carved here, is it possible that the pheromones left here are still working? 

I squinted at Li Cu who has the same physique as I am, he's still in a calm look, seems like nothing happen to him.

We kept walking, but the carving on the wall kept repeating over and over again. Soon, we noticed something's not right. The deeper we walked, the hotter we got, but we still haven't meet the end. 

Poker face laid his finger on the wall, followed the gap between the stones and walked back way. Everyone have eyes on him curiously.

"Run." He suddenly spit out a word, and that left us baffled.

"You guys stay here, we'll be right back. "Hei Xiazi seems to get his meaning. He demanded, and they started to run towards the opposite, disappeared in the dark.

About half the time we've spent down here, they're back, but in exhausted status, especially Hei Xiazi, he can't even stand straight and needs to be supported by the wall. Poker face was fine, but a closer look still revealed that he was panting.

But the problem is, they were back

TOGETHER!

There's only one possible, we're going in circles all the time!

"We didn't meet the entrance we've entered, "Poker face said, and he pointed at the wall, "It's moving."

Hei Xiazi nodded, "We're in a closing circle right now, but because of the diameter, we can't notice the turning curve, which is the same trick we've met before in many tomb. Somehow this circle was made in a slightly inclined position, the way I've ran just now, is heading to the highest spot, there's a different carving on the wall.

A dead Naga, died under a blade stabbed on the chest. I bet there's some mechanism that will reveal the exit we've been finding. But I don't think you guys can make it to there."

He's tone became serious, "Counting ten metres away from that door, the path has entered an oxygen-free stated."

What?!

"But how?" Pangzi asked.

"A mix of hot air and cold air." Poker face answered, some men got confused, but he've shut his mouth, no intention to explain. 

"Hot air is less dense than cold air, thus the hot air flowed to the highest spot of the circle, whereas cold air will stay in the bottom, which is somewhere around the entrance we've entered. "I explained, Poker face nodded in agreement. 

What Hei Xiazi had said was not unreasonable, he and Poker face were the best, fittest men in this troop, yet the status when they came back had already told us how dangerous is it. 

"Risk it," Said Xie Yuchen who's been stayed silent, "The air in here will be consumed sooner or later, we might face suffocate to death situation if we risk, but there's still a chance of survival rather than waiting here to die."

The ambience fell into silence, all that's left was the suppressed breathing. 

...... [tbc.]