Something Bitter Sweet

Techno loved Dream, the cute barista who worked at his local coffee shop. But he was sure Dream would never like him back. Dream was Dream! Hot, smart, charismatic, and so funny, and Techno was Techno, uninteresting, boring and dull.

Techno loved to garden and would sometimes bring Dream flowers. Dream always gratefully accepted with a smile on his face, but what if Dream didn't like the flowers? And only took them to be nice? That thought played in the back of his mind, but it never stopped him from still giving Dream the flowers.

"Ah. Techno, you're back with your flowers." Dream smiled at Techno when he walked in. Techno walked up to the counter and gave Dream the flowers before ordering what he always got, hot chocolate. Insult him all you want, but hot chocolate was just built different.

"You know me, the flower guy." Techno responded dully. Dream raised an eyebrow.

"But that's not the only thing about you. I like your wild pink hair, and your wonderful voice, and your jokes I hear everyday." Techno flushed pink. He payed Dream and then grabbed his hot chocolate, and sat down.

He decided that tomorrow he would do it, he would confess to Dream. That thought filled him with anxiety, but also hope and courage. He had some red roses growing, and red roses did mean love and passion. What better way to express what he felt. He also wanted to give a card. He wondered what he should put on the card until it came to him.

'I have a big crush on you, but sadly I am only a little bug, and you are a mighty garden' It would tell him that Techno liked him, while also showing Techno's true thoughts. Might as well kill two birds with one stone as they say.

That day he cut the roses and made the card. He put it all into a lovely bouquet. He walked into the coffee shop with a new sense of purpose. He walked up to the counter like had done for the past two years and put the flowers down.

Dream picked up the flowers and immediately noticed the card. He opened the card and read. Techno watched as Dream's expression form of surprise to happiness and finally confusion.

"Why would that mean I wouldn't want you?" Techno swore he could feel his heart stop.

"Don't you know? A garden needs bugs to grow." Dream looked at Techno fondly, and Techno swore his heart stopped again.

Techno gave Dream a small smile and slipped him a piece of paper. It read 'Wanna go for a date sometime?' Dream read the paper and looked at Techno before finally saying.

"Of course. That would be lovely."Dream said in one of the most fondest voices Techno had ever heard. Techno gave Dream another smile and this time, Dream gave one back.