Chapter 12

One week later, Will, Lily, and Rapunzel sign in and wait to be called back into an examination room. A few minutes after arriving and checking in, the family is brought back to an examination room.

Patricia. Good afternoon everyone. I'm sorry you had to come after lunch, but Victoria and I had to attend a yearly meeting.

Lily. Good afternoon. That's alright. We understand.

Rapunzel. Is this the check up appointment?

Patricia. Yes it is. Victoria is finishing up a phone call. She should be here in a few minutes.

Victoria enters soon after with the ultrasound machines. She sets them up and turns on the machines.

Victoria. Hello. Are the two of you ready?

Rapunzel. Yes. I want to make sure that my children are healthy.

Lily. So am I.

Lily and Rapunzel lay back on the tables and pull their shirts up to their breasts. Patricia and Victoria apply the gel and move the wands over their abdomens. They check over the babies and print pictures for Lily and Rapunzel.

The two of them take the picture as they wipe off the gel.

Victoria. All of the babies are doing very well. They are still healthy and strong with very strong heartbeats. The next appointment is the one that determines whether either of you have gestational diabetes.

Rapunzel. Can I do the same thing I did for the blood test?

Patricia. Of course. And you can get a lollipop after the test is done. And also you will be given liquid to drink for the test. Don't worry, the liquid is sweet.

Rapunzel smiles as she and Lily pull their shirts down and get off the tables.

Will helps Lily and Rapunzel gather everything and they make their way to the front desk to schedule their appointment for February 12, 2022 to have their blood tested for gestational diabetes.

After making the appointment, Will, Lily, and Rapunzel get into their car and go to the dealership. They arrive to the dealership an hour later and go inside the building.

They meet with a dealer and they look at several vehicles. After two hours the three of them decide on a white minivan with 11 seats and plenty of room. When the day came, Will would drive home from the hospital and Lily would be in the first row with her twins and Rapunzel would be in the second row with two of her children and the other two directly behind them in the last row, with the left seat remaining empty.

The three of them drive home in their new minivan and go inside. They have dinner, put away the dishes, watch Jessie and Bunk'd, and then get ready for bed, snuggle under the covers and fall asleep.

Three weeks later, Will, Lily, and Rapunzel are sitting in an examination room for the test. They had been brought back a couple minutes ago, and are waiting for Victoria and Patricia.

Both of them arrive and set up everything for the gestational diabetes test.

Patricia. Okay so Mrs. and Ms. Johnson, we have this sweet liquid for you to drink and then we will take your blood and test them for gestational diabetes. First, we will check on the babies to see how they are doing.

Lily. Alright. Are you ready Rapunzel?

Rapunzel. Yes. I know what to expect. And I know it won't hurt the babies.

Rapunzel and Lily lay back on the tables and pull their shirts up to their breasts and move their pants to be just below each of their bumps.

Victoria checks the quads and Patricia checks the twins.