Chapter 9

4 weeks later, the family is back in the waiting room to wait to be called back into the ultrasound room.

Minutes later, the three of them are called back into the ultrasound room.

Victoria. Hello. How is everyone doing?

Will. I'm great. I think Lily and Rapunzel have been anxious for this appointment, especially Rapunzel.

Rapunzel. Definitely. I can't wait to see them again and find out how many babies I'm going to have and find out my due date.

Lily. I feel the same way pumpkin. I can't wait to know the due date and the number of babies I am going to have.

Victoria. Unfortunately, I will have to do the ultrasounds one at a time, because Patricia had a family emergency to attend to.

Rapunzel climbs onto the table and pulls her shirt up to where her breasts are developing.

Victoria. I guess it's pretty clear who wants to be first.

Victoria spreads the gel on Rapunzel's abdomen and moves the wand around to show the baby.

Victoria. Well it seems that you are expecting quadruplets. This is not very common with pregnancies in young children. They are all growing at a very healthy rate.

She turns the sound on and pans over each heartbeat.

Victoria. They all have very strong heartbeats as well. I'm going to check your mother and then give you both your due date at the same time.

She prints pictures of the quads and gives them to Rapunzel. She also gives Rapunzel a paper towel.

Rapunzel takes the pictures and cleans her abdomen off, and gets off the table after pulling her shirt down.

Lily gets on the table and goes through the same process. Victoria checks for the amount of babies.

Victoria. It seems that you are going to be expecting multiples as well. But you are going to have twins. Both babies are growing healthy.

She turns on the sound and pans over each heartbeat.

Victoria. Both babies have strong heartbeats.

She prints the pictures for Lily and gives them to her along with the paper towel. Lily takes the paper towel and pictures and cleans herself off. She pulls her shirt down and gets off the table.

Victoria. So, Rapunzel's due date is March 5th, and Lillian's due date is April 9th. And both of you should be able to give birth naturally since Rapunzel's reproductive organs are growing and adapting as would those of a woman of child-bearing years. And I believe that you both will be able to breastfeed since Rapunzel is developing breasts.

Will. Will she be okay with this happening? Nothing bad will happen as far as her growth and development right?

Victoria. No. She is perfectly healthy and she will be able to grow without any problems. She will just have breasts at an early age.

Lily. Well that's good.

Victoria. So you both have your pictures and I already told you the due dates, so you're free to go. I'll need to see you again at 15 weeks, and then 20 weeks, then 25 weeks. 20 weeks is the appointment for the genders, and 28 weeks is your gestational diabetes test, and then you have your 30 week check up, and at 31 weeks, Rapunzel's quads will be born. and then 35 week check up for Lillian, and that's all until the 36 week mark for Lillian's twins to be born.

Will. Why do they have to have a check up every five weeks?

Victoria. Don't worry. It's just to make sure that the babies are growing healthy and strong. And it is especially important for Ms. Johnson since she is 3 years old and carrying four children.

Will. Oh well, that is very important.

Rapunzel. I agree. I want my siblings and babies to be safe and healthy and I want the same thing for mommy and myself. And daddy, but he doesn't have to carry the babies. That is a good thing, because I wouldn't want him to be in pain. I don't want myself or mommy to be in pain either, but it is part of the pregnancy, and we will deal with it like champions.

Lily. That's right. We are strong and we can handle the pain. But daddy will help us when we need him.

Will. That's right. Do the two of you have everything?

Rapunzel. Yes.

Lily. Yes. Let's leave and get to our car. I'm a bit hungry.

Rapunzel. So am I.

Will. I think we could all use some lunch right now.

The three of them make their way to the lobby and make their appointment for November 13th, and head out to the car. They get into the car and drive to McDonald's. They order three small hamburgers with fries and water.

The family eats their lunch and the goes to the beach. They set up an extra large blanket with a large umbrella to shade them all. They also change into their swimsuits and put sunscreen on and swim in the water. They also run around and play in the sand.

After hours of fun and sun, the family packs everything up, washes off and dries off, changes into clean clothes, and gets in the car. They drive home and put everything where it goes and then goes into the dining room. They have dinner and dessert, and then clear the table, change into their night clothes and snuggle under the covers of their beds.